Paracitic Terraformer (PPCB arachnid)

Paradox916

This Arachnid project is the culmination of a lot of learning various programs and processes.

IMG_9684.jpeg

For starters check out Butt stuff, a dual EEPROM pcb I still have one or two if someone wants one…. Maybe you want to make your own butt stuff so here’s the files!…

you are welcome!

it could use some revisions like slightly larger pads would be good. But it is 💯 useable as is and confirmed multiple times.

Ok let’s get down to brass tacks, what is the Paracitic terraformer? A multi fx : 8 Octave and pitch algorithms, 8 tremolo based effects and also the the 7 internal algorithms( I had to, just for the flex of it.). Using a on off on DPDT switch
8342794C-AED3-4C04-8154-7574812060F5.jpeg

Total of 23 patches mostly focused on octave, pitch and trem with some of them incorporating delay or reverb.

IMG_9686.jpeg

Wanting more control over the effects and to make it more interesting I installed an expression jack on pot 0 (or control 1) to have speed control over some of the trems, and pitch control for a DIY Whammy! Along with other parameters of different fx.

IMG_9679.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

How does it work and sound? Pretty good for everything it does, but it’s pushing the limits of the fv-1 I think, the expression function and pitch can be a little laggy at points but still completely usable. It could possibly be fix with coding but I’m far from an expert so that’s beyond my limited knowledge, Does it hold a candle to a digitech whammy or EHX POG….. Ummmm nope! That’s a tough act to beat, And if you thought that might be the case I have a bridge to sell you.🤣 but all in all it gets the job done and sounds good, I’m a fan of the these fv-1 projects, extremely quiet noise floor, tons of effects and mods that can be done. This one had some challenges in there but I always learn something new and that’s half the fun…

so this might be the last build report from me for a while as I need to try and get back to playing.

IMG_9689.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd be in to some butt stuff.... seriously tho. I have an arachnid that could use the upgrade and this build report has me staring at mine with great disappointment. It also says butt stuff on it so I want it. 😆

Last edited:
I'd be in to some butt stuff.... seriously tho. I have an arachnid that could use the upgrade and this build report has me starting at mine with great disappointment. It also says butt stuff on it so I want it. 😆
No problem, DM me your address.. the only caveat with the daughter board I can think of is if you use a SpDt on/on switch you do have to cycle the rotary mode switch to get it to charge banks otherwise it will stay on the same patch but using a DpDt on/off/on to also have the 7 internal algos it will switch banks automatically. Just something to be aware of.

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
so-hot-the-things-they-do.gif

IT'S ALIVE!

Young1.jpg

What an amazing mad scientist!
Sorry to hear this will be your last build for awhile, but happy for you to play more music.

I am SUPER-STOKED to have one of your Abduction Audio "Butt Stuff" boards — I've decided to mashup Robert's EEPROMs Octagon and Module8, as there is only one repeated algorithm between the two, the harmonic tremolo.

Enough of my paltry plans, go make use of your Paracitic Terraformer...

N1aU.gif

Back