Paragon (KoT)

Jiuk

There are four toggle switches on case (instead of DIP s/w on PCB). Using carbon film resistors and carbon composition resistors like an original KoT. MSPA18 transistor's emitter-base was used for MA856 diode and it sounds really good !

I don't need 18V so charge pump IC isn't on PCB.

Attachments

• fr.jpg
    fr.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 324
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 337
Nice, I thought about doing switches externally, but I'm pretty much a set it and forget kind of guy, I built an Aristocrat years ago and have never touched the dip switches since.

I've been considering one of these and had just started researching clipping diode options, knowing the originals were not going to be available, then pretty much settled on trying the standard 1N4148, but you have piqued my interest with the idea of using MSPA18's, and would be grateful to know why you chose them.

I'm trying it out on a bread board at the moment, but it does seem to get quite bright as the gain is turned up past 9 O'clock, do you find the same thing? I can't see where I've gone wrong on my bread board, but I quite prepared to pull it apart and try again if this seems to be not how it's suposed to behave.

I've been considering one of these and had just started researching clipping diode options, knowing the originals were not going to be available, then pretty much settled on trying the standard 1N4148, but you have piqued my interest with the idea of using MSPA18's, and would be grateful to know why you chose them.

I'm trying it out on a bread board at the moment, but it does seem to get quite bright as the gain is turned up past 9 O'clock, do you find the same thing? I can't see where I've gone wrong on my bread board, but I quite prepared to pull it apart and try again if this seems to be not how it's suposed to behave.

The idea was from freestompbox site.

Well I feel stupid, I thought I'd read every page of that thread over a number of evenings this last week, yet some how managed to miss that section! Thanks for the link.

niceeeeeee build maaannnn ! newbie question incoming though, how exactly do you by pass the 18V charge pump ? did you wire jumped D7 D14 and D15 or you just left empty the ic diodes and caps 21 22 10 ? and also does it makes it a 9V or you would need a 18V power supply ?

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-11-21 à 13.58.42.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-11-21 à 13.58.42.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 13
niceeeeeee build maaannnn ! newbie question incoming though, how exactly do you by pass the 18V charge pump ? did you wire jumped D7 D14 and D15 or you just left empty the ic diodes and caps 21 22 10 ? and also does it makes it a 9V or you would need a 18V power supply ?

C10, C11 -> 100uF
C21, C22 -> empty
D7 -> 5817
D14, D15 -> bypass, using jumper and connect below hole of both d14 & d15.

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_20191122_101752300.jpg
    KakaoTalk_20191122_101752300.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 67
Late to the game, and going to admit not 100% sure I know what I am doing, but what switches did you use?

M
The idea was from freestompbox site.
Regarding those MSPA18’s, how are they working out & does it matter which way they’re installed?

Back