SOLVED Paragon Mini no signal

synthesiserror

I've built three identical Paragon Minis and this is the only one I have a problem with. I'm thinking I have a dead footswitch #2, but these things are a pain to desolder and I want a few more opinions first.

Paragon Mini.jpg

When connected normally, I get no bypassed signal and no signal with either or both sides active. Both LEDs light up normally.

I went diving with the audio probe and traced signal through the input side (side 1) with no issues. Effect sounds great all the way through the output pin of footswitch 1, but ONLY when switch 2 is on. Bypassed signal also makes it this far, but only when switch 2 is on. When switch 2 is off, I get no signal at all anywhere in the circuit, even with the probe touching the tip of the input jack.

I have continuity between switch 2 in and ground when the switch is in the off position. Also, I have continuity between all of the circled pins on footswitch 2 regardless of switch position. The other poles on this switch seem to be behaving normally, but this pole isn't. Bad footswitch, or am I overlooking something else that would cause this?

Also, I have continuity between all of the circled pins on footswitch 2 regardless of switch position. The
That’s probably your problem then. Check for short from excess solder somewhere under the breakout. I always check the continuity right after soldering in those boards just to make sure there’s nothing funky going on.

Found the problem. An aluminum shaving got wedged in between the #2 breakout board and the footswitch, bridging these two lugs. It was soldered into place, but I was able to re-flow the solder and dislodge it with a sewing needle, miraculously without burning myself. Keep your workbench clean!

Copy of Pedal Templates.png

Back