DEMO Parasit Multiwave Mega

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

A quick commission, still waiting on customer input before knobs or labelling

I LOVE the sounds this thing is capable of, but the lack of presets is a huge drag given the absolutely massive amount of tones this thing can put out, despite it's rather minimalist control set.

Beautiful layout and easy assembly, as is standard for all of Parasit's boards.

received_475191757938208.jpeg received_883278059351853.jpeg

Last edited:
The fact that it comes with its own 9 page users manual should have been an indication that I should really put labels on shit, but did I…….nah. I can usually twiddle my way into sufficiently crazy territory fairly quickly, but then can never remember my way back. Good thing I’m not an actual musician with a need to recreate specific tones regularly.

The fact that it comes with its own 9 page users manual should have been an indication that I should really put labels on shit, but did I…….nah. I can usually twiddle my way into sufficiently crazy territory fairly quickly, but then can never remember my way back. Good thing I’m not an actual musician with a need to recreate specific tones regularly.
26 pages :eek:

If you were to, say, make this pedal bigger with dual controls controlled by a couple or several 4PDT footswitches (or *gasp* the $$$-6PDT), which controls would you want two settings for?

I'm thinking ...

DETUNE as footswitch,
but I also want Octave Down but I think (according to the manual) I'd need to hold down the shift-button as well, so now I need that as a footswitch and have to stand on the pedal with both feet... awkward...

So yeah, all the buttons as footswitches, so maybe a remote footswitch with mini-snake (baby-snake?) connecting the footswitches to the pedal...

RATE footswitchable
Two pots, two speeds, one stomper and a lot of offboard bloody wiring...

RESONANCE footswitchable maybe
could be useful, maybe, to have two selectable resonance pots

I don't think input sensitivity trimmer would be useful as a two-knobber jobber, though having it externally adjustable may be desirable.
Also, the SW MODE switch wouldn't, I imagine, be useful as a footswitch and besides, there's already a lot of footswitches piling up...

So maybe have a fully remote set of footswitches for this beast:
7-8 footswitches in their own enclosure baby-snaked to the main enclosure

If you were to, say, make this pedal bigger with dual controls controlled by a couple or several 4PDT footswitches (or *gasp* the $$$-6PDT), which controls would you want two settings for?

I'm thinking ...

DETUNE as footswitch,
but I also want Octave Down but I think (according to the manual) I'd need to hold down the shift-button as well, so now I need that as a footswitch and have to stand on the pedal with both feet... awkward...

So yeah, all the buttons as footswitches, so maybe a remote footswitch with mini-snake (baby-snake?) connecting the footswitches to the pedal...

RATE footswitchable
Two pots, two speeds, one stomper and a lot of offboard bloody wiring...

RESONANCE footswitchable maybe
could be useful, maybe, to have two selectable resonance pots

I don't think input sensitivity trimmer would be useful as a two-knobber jobber, though having it externally adjustable may be desirable.
Also, the SW MODE switch wouldn't, I imagine, be useful as a footswitch and besides, there's already a lot of footswitches piling up...

So maybe have a fully remote set of footswitches for this beast:
7-8 footswitches in their own enclosure baby-snaked to the main enclosure
I've considered something similar to this, but the push buttons have too many functions to be useful as footswitches, imo.
The dual knob thing could be cool, though. Especially the Rate and Reso, as you say.

The next one of these I build, I'm gonna give it my Into the Unknown treatment with the added pots and output selection. You know, to really drive myself mad with the lack of presets 🤪

I'm hoping Parasit drops a miniaturized version of the Multiwave Mega that focuses on the FM output, as that's my favorite. That and the envelope filter just do it for me

Hmmm yes, the push buttons have too many functions.

A smart feller could, ostensibly, figure out a way to separate those multi-functions out to single buttons for each function... so not including the shift anymore, that'd be...

11 MOAR FOOTY-STOMPERS!

I'd need one of those monster-huge sloping Hammond enclosures with the wooden sides...

oooohhhhh happy tappy-dancing...

Luckily or unluckily, I'm not that smart feller

😹

Yeah, realistically, maybe just double up and stomper the rate and reso.

DGWVI, have you pitched your Mega-FM idea to Fredrik?

Hmmm yes, the push buttons have too many functions.

A smart feller could, ostensibly, figure out a way to separate those multi-functions out to single buttons for each function... so not including the shift anymore, that'd be...

11 MOAR FOOTY-STOMPERS!

I'd need one of those monster-huge sloping Hammond enclosures with the wooden sides...

oooohhhhh happy tappy-dancing...

Luckily or unluckily, I'm not that smart feller

😹

Yeah, realistically, maybe just double up and stomper the rate and reso.

DGWVI, have you pitched your Mega-FM idea to Fredrik?
Honestly, I'd be fine that.... It just needs some presets :rolleyes:

Also, I think you'd have to dig into the EEPROM to split the switch functions, and most likely have to use a different chip altogether

Back