Parentheses Fuzz - Clipping modes not working

will

Hey all, so I have built the latest version parentheses board with the rotary switch and GE diodes. Boost, distortion and octave all work with their respective potentiometers but I am finding the rotary switch does not appear to change the distortion sound at all. I replaced the rotary with another and it resulted in the same behaviour. I note the LED never lights up on position two (or any of the others for that matter) and I am stuggling to work out if I'm just hearing the op amp distortion or if I have a short somewhere and the switching is not working. I have been trying to diagnose with a multimeter taking voltage readings at each output pin of the switch and I'm not sure if this is the correct way to diagnose as I see voltage across a couple of pins at times when stepping through the switch positions. Any suggestions where this is likely failing, or how best to debug this? My reading of the schematic and the symptoms would lead me to assume the paths from R22 (or the centre pin of the filter pot) to either D3 and D5, D6 and D7, or D8 and D9 aren't being made and the voltage should read 0 at each of these points but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Attachments

• IMG_7177.jpeg
    IMG_7177.jpeg
    988.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7178.jpeg
    IMG_7178.jpeg
    662 KB · Views: 18
Well bugger me, that is embarrassing. I had the original one installed the correct way and when I replaced it had a complete brain fart and put the new one in the wrong way lol.

So turns out the first switch was actually faulty, reorienting the second one (the correct way this time) now works as expected.
Thanks @jwin615, sometimes you just need that second pair of eyes 🧐

Well bugger me, that is embarrassing. I had the original one installed the correct way and when I replaced it had a complete brain fart and put the new one in the wrong way lol.

So turns out the first switch was actually faulty, reorienting the second one (the correct way this time) now works as expected.
Thanks @jwin615, sometimes you just need that second pair of eyes 🧐
It happens to all of us. Glad you got it sorted!

Back