SOLVED Circulator only passing vibrato signal pv switch makes no change

Locrian99

Alright so i built a circulator. I am getting wet aignal to pass well below unity, but no dry signal.

Audio probe findings: switch in phaser mode (connection from 2 to 1).

Signal present at pin 1 of ic5.1, nothing at c2 switch side, switch pin 2, switch pin 1 ic5.2 pin 6, only wet signal at 5.2 pin 7 well below unity.

Audio probe findings vibrato mode: signal present at c2 switch side at unity, at switch pin 2, and switch pin 3 nothing at pin 6 on ic5.2 wet at 7.

Continuity is good on the switch, continuity is good between switch pin 1 5.2 pin 6. Resistance to ground from pin 1 of switch is about 4.5M ohms, i was getting OL to vref. I did not see any solder bridges visible. Pin 6 is always connected to pin 1.

Voltages on ic 5 all look good. I dont see any obvious solder bridges, I wont say my soldering is perfect but i would think i wouldnt have continuity if it was a solder joint.

Can a switch ground out internally? Pin 1 is grounding out inside the switch, and this kills the signal from c2 on when 2 is connected to 1 (which if i switched the switch around would probably work fine). And since pin 6 is always connected to switch pin 1 its always grounding out. The wet signal is passing through to pin 7 theough c8/r4 but not getting amplified (this is the part that doesnt make sense to me). This is the best thought i have is to what is happening, but in going to murder the switch removing it and i dont have another until my stompbox parts order gets here friday. So id rather get a second opinion on other thoughts that could be going on. IMG_7838.jpeg IMG_7837.jpeg

Last edited:
Im going to try w jumper wire from pin 3 of thr switch to pin 6 of 5.2 and see what happens that should tell me if its the switch i think.

Nevermind that still leaves pin 6 attached to pin 1 of the switch.

Switch removed jumper put between pin 2 and 1 of switch no change in output, i didnt probe

Last edited:
Back