Parentheses (Life Pedal)

sixxtus

Hi everybody

Here's my last build, a Parentheses distortion/fuzz from Pedalpcb, based on the EQD Life Pedal (RAT + Octave + boost) made for the drone band Sunn O)))

I initially had a problem with the boost part, solved with the help of great people on this forum (thanks again !).

This pedal rips in every way, a total blast if you love DOOM metal !! Clearly one of my favorite pedal for this genre ! When you engage the octave with distortion and boost already on, it's total war !

The box is from Tayda (matte black with black print and gloss effect), and the design is inspired by the logo of the band Sunn O))). I found pictures somewhere on the internet (maybe on this forum, I can't remember...) of a Parentheses pedal made with that same design, but with some kind of relic effect. It looked so cool I decided to try that without the relic effect and with total black.

The text on the pedal is not very clear though, maybe I used a font that was not the best to be readable with the gloss finish (the gloss was not intended to be on the text...)

Anyway, I'm very happy with the sound, that's all that matter !

20231111_124625.jpg
20231111_124618.jpg
20231111_124144.jpg

What kind of pots are those? I don't think I've seen those before.

I like your colour coding for the wiring. I think green is appropriate for boost. Boost is growing and nurturing, even in death metal I'm sure.

What kind of pots are those? I don't think I've seen those before.

I like your colour coding for the wiring. I think green is appropriate for boost. Boost is growing and nurturing, even in death metal I'm sure.
Those are the pots in the musikding kit, I think it's Alpha, I put a black pads on the back.
For the wiring, yes I try to step out of the rules ! :LOL:

Back