Parentheses overdrive led only lights up when soldered in backwards.

turntablemonkey

Dose anyone know why this might be? the boost side is working great but the distortion side is only letting through a tiny bit of very quiet signal. Also curiously the led only works in when soldered in backwards to what is printed on the pcb and doesn't light up at all when soldered in correctly.

It's hard to see in the picture, is the flat side of the LED facing towards or away from the K on the PCB?

Double-check your footswitch wiring. If a signal / LED wire was mixed up it could cause both issues.

So for the boost and octave leds the flat sides (cathode side) are facing the k's but for the distortion, I had to reverse it so the anode was on the k side for it to work. Will do, thanks.

Ok I've gone through and reflowed every single connection for every component on the distortion side. I've checked the wiring for the footswitch. Tried putting the LED in the "right" way. Tested that the switch isn't the issue with a DMM and still nothing. Led is still only working when reversed to what the pcb says and the footswitch still kills the signal. Is there anything else I can try?

Back