DEMO Parthenon Drive (Wampler Pantheon) Demo Added

This post contains an audio or video demo
I'm really digging these Victory Gold Foils. Really really great and "authentic" sounding Gold Foils (not just a cosmetic gold screen like a lot of cheaper gold foils).

By nature they are not potted and quite microphonic (but extremely quiet for single coils, much quieter than Strat pickups).
That microphonic bit is part of what gives it the unique tone.

It's a bit of a challenge for me to play the 3 pickup guitars without hitting the middle pickup with my pick.

You hear a lot of that "clicking" coming through.

Probably a plastic style Gold Foil like the Gemini pickups would solve that problem, but I prefer the metal look. So vanity wins....... :ROFLMAO:
Imagine playing those Les Paul's with 3 PAF's , maybe you have to lower them down a lot further so you dont hit em ha ha!

I'm really digging these Victory Gold Foils. Really really great and "authentic" sounding Gold Foils (not just a cosmetic gold screen like a lot of cheaper gold foils).

By nature they are not potted and quite microphonic (but extremely quiet for single coils, much quieter than Strat pickups).
That microphonic bit is part of what gives it the unique tone.

It's a bit of a challenge for me to play the 3 pickup guitars without hitting the middle pickup with my pick.

You hear a lot of that "clicking" coming through.

Probably a plastic style Gold Foil like the Gemini pickups would solve that problem, but I prefer the metal look. So vanity wins....... :ROFLMAO:
How microphonic are they? Can you sing into them?

I haven't tried that.....I might break them.....hahaha
ok, for the sake of science.....I just tried it. Nope not microphonic enough to sing into. Just enough to pickup and amplify my switching and when I hit it with my pick.

Back