PCB Guitar Mania Ra's Pharoah

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My build report for the PCB Guitar Mania Ra's Pharoah. Based on the Black Arts Toneworks Pharoah Fuzz. A cool doom-y tricked out Muff. I had one of these awhile ago so I wanted to build one for my collection. I've had this board sitting around for awhile so finally good to get it done. Spray painted with metallic gold. I like how it came out.

This one came out fine. This is my 2nd PCB Guitar Mania in row that had no issues. I did build 2 before this that had problems. I think one was mostly my fault and the other one is getting like whistling from the transformer. I know they get a bad rap and it's mostly warranted. The docs aren't great but they are sufficient for more experienced builders. I personally had more Effects Layouts builds that failed than PCB GM. And the Effects Layouts flat out no sound on bypass. So I'm more frustrated with them. That's just my 2 cents of experience.

Anyway Im happy with this thing. Kind of a classic circuit. Great options and all with rip your face off.

Attachments

• 20230707_153927.jpg
    20230707_153927.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230707_153940.jpg
    20230707_153940.jpg
    393.6 KB · Views: 38
My build report for the PCB Guitar Mania Ra's Pharoah. Based on the Black Arts Toneworks Pharoah Fuzz. A cool doom-y tricked out Muff. I had one of these awhile ago so I wanted to build one for my collection. I've had this board sitting around for awhile so finally good to get it done. Spray painted with metallic gold. I like how it came out.

This one came out fine. This is my 2nd PCB Guitar Mania in row that had no issues. I did build 2 before this that had problems. I think one was mostly my fault and the other one is getting like whistling from the transformer. I know they get a bad rap and it's mostly warranted. The docs aren't great but they are sufficient for more experienced builders. I personally had more Effects Layouts builds that failed than PCB GM. And the Effects Layouts flat out no sound on bypass. So I'm more frustrated with them. That's just my 2 cents of experience.

Anyway Im happy with this thing. Kind of a classic circuit. Great options and all with rip your face off.

Hey man! Nice build. But if you have some builds with no sound in bypass, be sure it's not related to the pcb, the bypass is only affected by the 3pdt, unless you have some ground issues elsewhere. David from effects layouts knows his shit

Yeah. No bypass has nothing to do with the pcb.
Effects Layouts includes a 3PDT daughterboard though, so technically it might be that PCB, but I doubt that is the issue unless they put the 3PDT in the wrong way around. Which to be honest, is not clearly marked on the daughterboard IMO.

Back