PCB maker recommendations?

Stelloh42

Hey all - I've got a Ram's Head Muff circuit I have been building with modified specs to be closer to the Bluebeard Fuzz (variations: two three way toggles one for mid-frequency shift and one for clipping diode variation, as well as a 470uF cap instead of a 100uF) - I've been doing it on stripboard til now, with great success.

I've considered just modding an existing Pedal PCB muff board - but I was wondering if any of you have any advice to offer on places that do small runs of boards, and also with software for doing circuit layout?

I'm asking because there are a lot of choices to wade through on the internet and was hoping to get pointed in the right direction.
Thanks!!

-Chris, Capitalist Death Cult

I use JLCPCB. I’ve had boards from Elecrow as well that were well made. JLC is great for getting a quick 5 board run...pay for the DHL shipping, it’s worth it.

Another vote for jlcpcb. I use them for my commercial builds and have never once had a problem and the quality is fantastic, even on the cheaper specs.

I’ve heard good things about PCBWay as well, if you do SMD JLC’s stock footprints and DipTrace’ footprints don’t always match up and it’s a bit of a pain. With PCBWay I guess you just use a drop down menu and if it’s wrong they will change the Gerber for you so you don’t have to keep trying. Sounds like heaven to me!

Smd is a rabbit hole Im currently exploring.

You can use easyeda online which syncs with jlcpcb so you can order your pick n place right from the browser window... So I hear, I'm yet to do it as I can't seem to find smd MPSA12s.

Thanks all - really appreciate those suggestions. I'm gonna pull the trigger on this soon. Still got just a few kinks to work out of the Ram's head/Bluebeard layout. But I think you've pointed me in the right direction!

-Chris

Back