PedalPCB Persica Fuzz for my SCHMORG

View attachment 63776
I saw that in the schematic. Thank you for providing why it is configured that way.

Anyone have any idea why they would have used the dual TL022 and done this instead of using say a tl071 or some other single op?

Economies of scale.

Like using a 3PDT when all you need is a DPDT, but you've bought 3PDT in bulk so you've got plenty and it's cheaper than splitting an order up and getting a few DPDT when you can just use a 3PDT and ignore one of the columns.

Get dual op-amp ICs, and then use one op-amp in the circuit for what's needed and the other gets assigned to buffering power or something.

Great build and great etch as always Dawson!
For anyone looking to build one of these, the original has a TLC2262 in IC1 and the 386s are of the N-1 variant per Fran herself.
Skip to 2 minutes here
I doubt IC1 has much bearing but the N-1 vs N-4 have some functional differences

Great build and great etch as always Dawson!
For anyone looking to build one of these, the original has a TLC2262 in IC1 and the 386s are of the N-1 variant per Fran herself.
Skip to 2 minutes here
I doubt IC1 has much bearing but the N-1 vs N-4 have some functional differences

Fran.

Hates.

Sockets. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for sharing that!
I'll be keeping an eye out for those chips that were in the original-
it seems they're not the most common variations but certainly still obtainable.

Thanks, @Joben Magooch!

& Thank you too, @Mentaltossflycoon!
*I believe this is yet another really badass circuit I've built after reading your recommendation

HLwwX0K.jpg

Back