PedalPCB Shrapnel overdrive, MBP Misfit, MBP Pastyface and AionFx Wyvern Silicon Overdrive

Synchrony Pedalworks

Here are a handful of pedals from the last couple of months, but delayed in posting. I hope it is acceptable to place them in one post.

I have really liked the Thorpy products, especially the V1 series. With that in mind, I wanted to add the Shrapnel overdrive. Compared to the V1 pedals, it provides a thicker overdrive. I like the overdrive, but I don't know if it will replace my Powdered blue that is current in the OD section on my board. The art is to honor my grandfather would was in WWII in an Armored division. The pedal is from Tayda and a Matte gloss finish.
IMG_5992.jpg IMG_5994.jpg IMG_5993.jpg

Next up is the Madbeans Misfit. It is a clone of the Ibanez Mostortion. I did purchase the "mythical" CA3260 chip. The tone stack is really nice and helpful to dial in "your" tone. The art is fairly straightforward. Great pedal!

IMG_6006.jpg IMG_6007.jpg

Third on the list was MadBean's Pastyface. It is based on the Fulltone Soul Bender. I used some Russian transistors with Hfe's appropriate for a tonebender. I did have to exchange a few biasing resistors to optimize for optimal "sizzle." Compared to another one of my Tonebenders, this pedal is a little more "tame," but has a great vibe.
IMG_6002.jpg IMG_6003.jpg

The last one is AionFx's Wyvern. It is based on Dinosaural Tube bender. They describe it as a mixture of a Tonebender and Tube Screamer. I can kind of see that description being true, but it is a unique pedal. The enclosure is one of the gold options from Tayda and I really like it.

IMG_5995.jpg IMG_5996.jpg

The slightly embossed look on your label text is really nice, and your photography is excellent.

I don't think there's anything wrong with consolidated build reports, but they don't look as impressive in the thumbnail when you click the build reports button.

Edit:

Your build reports page is very impressive looking.

Back