Pharmacist build

HamishR

I just received two Pharmacist boards - yay! A friend of mine is gagging for a Pharmacist pedal. If I follow the components as shown on the board will it explode once built? Is there anything else I need to know? I would normally just go ahead and build it but felt it prudent to ask in case there is danger and peril ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: fig
It’s a relatively new board, and I’ve not seen too many build reports yet. That said, I don’t think it’s too complicated. Read through the build docs, take your time, and enjoy.

I just finished mine and it works great
Hey man, I just started putting mine together and have noticed some pretty wild resistor values lol, I have about 70 values on hand but can't cover a few of these. Did you use exact component values? Without the build docs/schematic I don't want to get crazy changing things up until I'm sure I'm not going to mess up a transistor bias or something lol. I can probably get close enough that it doesn't matter but figured I'd check since the strange values were probably picked for a reason.

Reactions: fig
Hey man, I just started putting mine together and have noticed some pretty wild resistor values lol, I have about 70 values on hand but can't cover a few of these. Did you use exact component values? Without the build docs/schematic I don't want to get crazy changing things up until I'm sure I'm not going to mess up a transistor bias or something lol. I can probably get close enough that it doesn't matter but figured I'd check since the strange values were probably picked for a reason.
I did use accurate values by putting a two or three resistors together to make the required value

Haven’t built mine yet, but I’m just gonna measure a bunch of 5% tolerance resistors until I find the right values for the oddball ones

The values are on the PCB I take it? Thinking of ordering, but not sure what to add to my components order. Pretty excited about this one as well.

I did use accurate values by putting a two or three resistors together to make the required value
Building mine now. Decided to follow your lead … and double up a couple resistors to match the correct values. Prob over kill as Chuck mentioned the 20% range but I have resistors overflowing off shelves so might as well use them. Excited for this one. I had forgotten that TPS had a video on this pedal a year ago.

About to embark on this build as well and I have a tranny question. Are we going for matching gains here/specific leakages and if say I have 3 5457 and a handful of j201 where would be the best place to sub in the j201, or should I just go all j201? Am I thinking to hard ab this?

I just received two Pharmacist boards - yay! A friend of mine is gagging for a Pharmacist pedal. If I follow the components as shown on the board will it explode once built? Is there anything else I need to know? I would normally just go ahead and build it but felt it prudent to ask in case there is danger and peril ahead.
Well, where's the Build report? :)

Back
Top Bottom