SOLVED Photon Vibe bulb not pulsing

Quirkey

Hey Folks, after a little catchup on other (guitar-building) projects I'm back catching up on a backlog of boards. The photon vibe came together quickly but it seems like either I have an issue with the LFO circuit or the bulb itself. I get a signal when engaged or not, and a boosted signal with the knobs cranked, and if I change the light shining on the LDRs I get a vibey sound (just by using a desk lamp) so my guess is that the LDR section is working well. The bulb is not lighting at all and when I probe voltage at the lamp pins, it's reading ~17v. Is this right? The schematic seems to suggest that it should be getting 18v to one side, but isn't the lamp rated for 12v? What am I missing here? I was going to order a replacement bulb because I'm wondering if that's the issue here.

--AQ

Finally picked this up again after a while and was able to figure it out. I reflowed all the joints and after probing around for connectivity found that there was a missing/bad ground connection on one of the LFO transistors.

Back