SOLVED Pot & Kettle - No Output

PangeaDestructor

Trying to figure out what's wrong with my Snouse build, any help appreciated. I'm getting input throughout the circuit, with an audio probe i can find it at both transistors, legs 1-3 and 7 of the IC, and all pots except for volume. There is still some white residue from the alcohol bath, and I cleared that little piece of solder off the b250k. LED lights up with the switch when I put a bulb in. Transistors are from GuitarPCB, so I think they're legit. Bypass signal works without issue.

TL072: 1=4.41, 2=4.41, 3=3.99, 4=0.00, 5=4.40, 6=4.41, 7=4.37, 8=8.82
q1: 7.20, s=0.27, g=0.00
q2: d=7.88, s=0.49, g=0.00

Any help is greatly appreciated, I'm so close and excited to fire this thing up.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    599.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
No schematic, but it appears the LEVEL control is right at the output along with C3 . If you are getting audio up to the LEVEL control, the only things left are C3, R23, the pot, wiring connection to - and the jack.

I just a few minutes ago traced the problem to c3, no audio was coming through there. Removed the component to make sure there wasn't a short between the legs beneath it, cleaned everything well, i'm debating whether to try re-using the same cap or wait for a new one.

DMM is showing ohms and 2.2uf value, so it seems functional.

Reactions: fig
So now I'm getting output, but it's very - VERY - low volume even with everything cranked. The search continues, but that's progress.

Traced it again and I keep landing at c3 as cutting off signal. I'll try replacing it this week, otherwise I'm kinda stumped.

Last edited:
Maybe the trace is damaged or had some manufacturing defect, maybe try running a wire between the two points where your signal drops out.

Maybe the trace is damaged or had some manufacturing defect, maybe try running a wire between the two points where your signal drops out.
I was just thinking I would try this finally and I'll be damned it works. I've been looking at this area with a little microscope/jeweler's loupe with a bright light and haven't seen anything resembling damage to the trace.

Back