PPCB Sproing Deluxe

Locrian99

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
image.jpg

I’ve thought about making a sproing for quite awhile. At some point though someone mentioned the Belton bricks not having a ton of spring to me and I had kind of passed on them.

I didn’t love the spring in the three verb, I’ve played a few other commercial digital reverbs I liked the spring in but nothing ever came close to an actual tank to me.

This comes pretty darn close though! Pretty happy with it so far. And I forgot how much I liked this moonshot tremolo. I built a shoot the moon on Vero when I was first starting out for some reason never boxed it but played with it quite a bit. It’s still buried in a pile of abandoned strip boards in my bin by the bench.

I used an aqua vein enclosure from SBP, which I really liked. Good change up from the ridiculous hammered texture tayda does (though I am a big fan of the ridiculous ones tayda does). This is much more subtle.

IMG_7228.jpeg

I decided to do the faceplate as you can see. Which worked out nicely. Getting the footswitches in around the board was TIGHT but it worked out. Love the cleanliness of the daughterboards with the headers. Though I had to kind of bend my headers to get it to line up just right. I do wish there was a little more room for knobs with the 9mm print. I’m assuming the idea was to use something w/out a knob there? Going to see what I can find I like there.

Was thinking of actually splurging and doing some nice aluminum knobs through out here since I have to order some special knobs for it anyways for the 9mm.

Far as the actual build goes it’s pretty simple. Straight forward as long as you follow the values in the board (somehow I out a 3k3 for the 220k in the feedback loop of the moonshots signal path). My tremolo was very very quiet. Was easy to spot though, unfortunately I didn’t rock it before I boxed it so it was kind of a PITA to take everything out line up those two leds again etc.

IMG_7225.jpeg IMG_7229.jpeg

Nice build! Super clean with the faceplate.

I see what you mean about the gain and shape knobs/labels.

You should be able to find something slim.

Nice build! Super clean with the faceplate.

I see what you mean about the gain and shape knobs/labels.

You should be able to find something slim.
These are the 9mm pots you’d want to use with it.

I didn’t think that far ahead when I ordered/put it together :)

LMS has a nice knurled at 10.2mm, haven’t found anything yet for smooth haven’t looked that hard yet.

This pedal is for me so I’m not that worried about it, but I was trying to make this one look particularly good lol

It would be nice if someone put out a knob with a screen printed v, g, t, m, b, r and d
Volume, gain, treble, mid. Bass, rate, depth then you wouldn’t have to ever worry about labaelin, though k rarely so anyways.

Nice build. Clean indeed.
Is that a hammered silver box? Where did you get that!?!
I like that!

Back