SOLVED Pro-10 - Increasing Output on Blue Side

PangeaDestructor

I finally got this thing put together and boxed up. I'm absolutely thrilled with it, definitely going to be my main drive for the foreseeable future. After boxing it up and playing with it, I noticed the blue side output is lower than I expected, with unity around 3:00 and a slight boost with it maxxed. Seems like there should be a little more boost on this side. Gain is a little less on the blue than I expected as well, but acceptable.

There's definitely a possibility of me having used an incorrect value in there somewhere - I used a 1/8w resistor at R209 - but if everything is correct, which I'm going to double-check later, would increasing R214 bump up the max volume for the blue channel on this?

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 52
Nice, clean and cool thundercat vibe.
The blue side on my build hits unity around noon, which is odd because most pedals are usually unity closer to 9 oclock. No worries though, it lives around 2pm and is very happy there.

I just pulled out my Pro-10 and checked. I get unity on the Blue Side around 10 o'clock and around 9 on the Green side.

The Blue side "as designed" does indeed fix the low output issue of the stock MBB. There's much more output than even my Aion Cerulean which allegedly has the output gain mod. (But it's still a very low output pedal)

There's something not kosher with @PangeaDestructor's build. Sounds like more than variances in the pots would explain. Unity at 3 o'clock is not right.

The Pot & Kettle (Snouse Black Box v2, another MBB variant) has even more output than the Pro-10 Blue.

Thanks, there's definitely something going on with this build, I gotta un-box it and go over the blue side. After playing it a little more, there should definitely be a little more gain available on the blue channel as well.

Edit - and probably post this on the troubleshooting board instead

Last edited:
Sorry, just to make sure we’re on the same page, this one (that HamishR is referring to I think), is 10k? I’m reading 430k, and it doesn’t seem any bigger like I’d expect a 1/2w to.

Attachments

• 652574A5-AFBD-48F1-9F4F-C3DD616CAE9D.jpeg
    652574A5-AFBD-48F1-9F4F-C3DD616CAE9D.jpeg
    504.6 KB · Views: 18
Sorry, just to make sure we’re on the same page, this one (that HamishR is referring to I think), is 10k? I’m reading 430k, and it doesn’t seem any bigger like I’d expect a 1/2w to.
WTF you're right, how did that get there? I got mixed up without looking at it and thought the comment was a joke about the dark red one in the middle of the board. Thank you so much for spotting that, and apologies to everyone for a troubleshooting thread in the mod forum. I'm gong to replace that tomorrow, and hopefully it solves the issue.

Edit to add - the red one in the middle is a 2k2, but it is a 1/2w in 1/4w size.

Back