SOLVED Pro-Ten/Blue Troubleshooting

Kaiwa

Hi, I have a problem with my Pro-Ten build.
The pedal seems to work but there's almost no output signal. I have to turn up my amp very hard to hear something, then it sounds thin and also not overdriven. Does anybody have an idea what could cause a problem like this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Kaiwa

Attachments

• IMG_8344.JPG
    IMG_8344.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8345.JPG
    IMG_8345.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8346.JPG
    IMG_8346.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8347.JPG
    IMG_8347.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Can you add some pictures of the solder side of the board.

Do all knobs have an effect on the sound? I would definitely start reflowing those pot joints.

Thanks Jamie,

Why do the solder points on the pots look not good? Just asking to know how to do it right.
The pots do all function, but only past 2 o'clock +/-, before that point changes can not be heard.

Attachments

• IMG_8351.JPG
    IMG_8351.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8352.JPG
    IMG_8352.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
R7 looks like a 220 ohm not 220K ohm

R6, 9 and 15 don't look like 6K8 check all your resistor values by colour band it may just be the light in your photo

I don't have the pcb so not sure if it shows different values from the build doc It's a blues breaker derivative so I'd think they would be 6K8s like the original they look like 6R8s

https://samstechlib.com/610938/en/

Last edited:
Hey R7 is 220K
but R6 and R9 are as you said not 6K8.

Will try to unsolder those 2.

Thanks a lot
Colour bands on R7 look like red, red, black, black, brown (220R) that's what I'm seeing anyway but I might need new glasses!, it should be red, red, black, orange, brown (220K) that would cause a cleanish thin signal with no overdrive

Don't forget R15 too that looks like 6R8 not 6K8

Last edited:
Yes I see, the values are not correct. Have to check everything I think. Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Measuring every resistor before soldering on pcb next time. :unsure:

We all do it, well I do, I've built a lot of pedals and I still put wrong value resistors in here and there

All your other resistors look correct

Back