Procastinator will not work (2nd try)

Ariosto

Hello there,
I am reviving this thread because I was a bit away from my workbench. OK, I bought the PCB for the second time in order to begin everything from scratch (the first attempt did not work neither). An user here recommended me to follow the signal with a tester -even if I am not an expert, it is a matter of logic and a minimum ability to read the circuit, uh?- OK, I started from IN to R1. It works. Then R1 to C1, works as well. But I lost the continuity in R2 and of course to Q1. I look for continuity in the rest of the circuit but nothing happens. Any clue? Later I could post some pictures if needed.

Thanks a lot

Ariosto

Know people have found low Vgs work better with this circuit. People have had issues with transistors with too high of a Vgs I believe they settled on using 2N5457 for the best swell results. Not sure if that is your issue but seems like people routinely have issues with this build including veteran builders.

Know people have found low Vgs work better with this circuit. People have had issues with transistors with too high of a Vgs I believe they settled on using 2N5457 for the best swell results. Not sure if that is your issue but seems like people routinely have issues with this build including veteran builders.
Do you mean 2N5457 in place of the BC549s? Or replacing the one 2SK30A?

It would be the 2SK30A both are FETs. I don't know how much of a difference if makes but people I respect in the pedalbuilding community have struggled to get it to work properly and claimed it was the VGS on the FETs so if you have some laying around try it out.

Same issues here. I’m going to socket the zener, FET and maybe a few components around it to try and bring this thing to life. I’ve heard some success stories with using 5457 and higher voltage zeners so we’ll see.

It would be the 2SK30A both are FETs. I don't know how much of a difference if makes but people I respect in the pedalbuilding community have struggled to get it to work properly and claimed it was the VGS on the FETs so if you have some laying around try it out.
Same issues here. I’m going to socket the zener, FET and maybe a few components around it to try and bring this thing to life. I’ve heard some success stories with using 5457 and higher voltage zeners so we’ll see.
I just replaced the 2SK30A with a 2N5457 and then I became unprocessed audio signal in ON and OFF. I am afraid that maybe this PCB is not verified. I mean, although my knowledge about electronics is not very wide, I succeed with builds like the Backfeeder, the Unicab, the Cataclysm Delay and the Muzzle -apart from another projects from another brands-. Sorry, but I think I will abandon the project in the moment. It´s no worth the amount of time and energy invested.

Back