Propolis, Muffin, Circulator, and Multiplex Echo

BPFuzz

Propolis fuzz gave me a great canvas for a full sized etch, and with how terrifying it can sound, I figured a xenomorph would be the perfect representation. And thankfully I had some leftover pcb mounts from some vero builds.

I’ve built 3 big muff circuits so far so for this one I thought I’d take a different approach. I took a standard green russian muff and used the tone stack calculator software to give it a mid boost rather than the traditional mid scoop of a muff. Is it still a muff? No idea, but I like it.

Built this Circulator with Chuck’s mods and it sounds great. Definitely love the deep bass throb from the diode on pin 2 of the sweep pot.

My most recent non PedalPCB build is the 1776 Effects Multiplex Echo Machine with the modulation daughter board. Really great tape echo emulator and highly suggest building it if you can get the boards. My only “issue” is my experiment with the ramp/release pots isn’t super noticeable and maybe needs some adjusting.
Full gallery of images and gut shots, including the Multiplex Echo Machine:

Attachments

• 8F436D79-CF4C-4840-A216-2C6DF1A52117.jpeg
    8F436D79-CF4C-4840-A216-2C6DF1A52117.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 97FC3370-BB98-4E63-95A0-570F68A419E4.jpeg
    97FC3370-BB98-4E63-95A0-570F68A419E4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 77AFD6A4-1EE6-422E-9F1F-DFC24551A0DC.jpeg
    77AFD6A4-1EE6-422E-9F1F-DFC24551A0DC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
How do you find the multiplex? I've had one in my build pile for the last 4 years and haven't gotten round to building it yet.

How do you find the multiplex? I've had one in my build pile for the last 4 years and haven't gotten round to building it yet.
I think it's a really useful delay. The three modes are different enough to be useful when placed in a single "build". I've really enjoyed playing with the RE-20 mode. I am wondering if my ramp mod was done... not incorrectly, but maybe the white H11F1 needed different resistors (though, I thought I followed it correctly) as the ramping/release doesn't seem as dramatic as in the few demo videos i've seen. It's definitely worth finishing though, highly recommend the modulation daughter board if you've got one, or if you can make one via vero board, as it doesn't seem all that difficult of an add-on.

I have the modulation board as well. I bought them easily four years ago then got into analogue delays so have only really used those since. I've basically ignored every pt2399 delay I have in my pcb pile

I have the modulation board as well. I bought them easily four years ago then got into analogue delays so have only really used those since. I've basically ignored every pt2399 delay I have in my pcb pile
I have a fondness for PT2399's, lol. But it's definitely a circuit that needs good ones, I had to go through a couple before I was happy. The rejected ones will probably end up in noise ensemble builds, since it doesn't matter if those are noisy.

Is it possible to use TTG's tap-tempo modulation daughter-board? (or two??)

I think it's possible to add tap-tempo to 2 PT2399s, but I'm not sure how/if it'd work with modulation thrown into the mix.

I have a fondness for PT2399's, lol. But it's definitely a circuit that needs good ones, I had to go through a couple before I was happy. The rejected ones will probably end up in noise ensemble builds, since it doesn't matter if those are noisy.
I’m right there with you. I love pt2399 flavored delays. I’ve built 2 and working on my third. They just seem to work really well with my rig therefore, I’m fond of them.

I have a fondness for PT2399's, lol. But it's definitely a circuit that needs good ones, I had to go through a couple before I was happy. The rejected ones will probably end up in noise ensemble builds, since it doesn't matter if those are noisy.p
Well enthused by your fondness for PT2399's I populated my multiplex pcb last night. No idea how it really sounds yet as I only plugged it in to make sure it passed signal and the two delay 'heads' were actually generating delays in the signal. I'll plug it into my test box again later to see if I want to box it up or not.

Back