PT-2399 Quality Question

Yeah, I was thinking of something like that, but potentially with through-holes like some of the J201 adapters you see.

You can't pass the pinheaders through the adapter PCB and maintain the original DIP-16 footprint of the PT2399. (without some weird physical workarounds)

The SOIC-16 adapter still uses through-hole headers, you just gull-wing them onto the back of the adapter PCB. After that they plug into sockets like any IC.

I used to get takes from Tayda all the time. Some would lock up, some would motorboat, they were all pretty noisy, like really noisy. That’s been a while, though. I started getting them from @StompBoxParts, never looked back.
Thanks @jimilee ! For anyone else interested, we are only buying 2399's direct from Princeton/PTC's USA distro.

Not sure how the other guys are selling these for significantly less than it costs us to buy direct (bulk? similar regional buy? sketchy source?). Sorry they are expensive from us, if we could get them for less we would pass that on but we also prefer purchasing any IC direct from the source, especially these as the rate of counterfeits is high.

Thanks @jimilee ! For anyone else interested, we are only buying 2399's direct from Princeton/PTC's USA distro.

Not sure how the other guys are selling these for significantly less than it costs us to buy direct (bulk? similar regional buy? sketchy source?). Sorry they are expensive from us, if we could get them for less we would pass that on but we also prefer purchasing any IC direct from the source, especially these as the rate of counterfeits is high.
I get all my parts from, you have realistic shipping prices as well as great prices on your parts.

Back