question for Sandspur led

masonlewisdiesel

Hey,
My second build. still confused on the LED issue i'm having. I want to use the main pcb pads for my indicator. the daughter board LED pads are not jumped, led installed @ main board. effect works great. No led. I did the following: tested led-good, jumped daughter board led pads-nothing, checked voltages: 9VDC@ "A" and 6.06VDC@ "K". What would anyone suggest doing next? Thank you so much
- thumbnail_IMG_5345.jpg Lewis

Hmm. That seems good from my house. Flat side of led to kathode, yes?
Cup the LED with your hands and see if it's dim. If it is, check your CLR value. R100 on PPCB boards. IIRC.
Also, thank you for soldering your transistors.
You could check continuity from K to G on your breakout board (in effect on state with power removed) and check your switch to make sure it is switching all 3 poles.

Hmm. That seems good from my house. Flat side of led to kathode, yes?
Cup the LED with your hands and see if it's dim. If it is, check your CLR value. R100 on PPCB boards. IIRC.
Also, thank you for soldering your transistors.
You could check continuity from K to G on your breakout board (in effect on state with power removed) and check your switch to make sure it is switching all 3 poles.
Thanks for the reply I will start doing as you suggested. I do have switched continuity K to GRD on the breakout(which I am not using) but I do not have continuity K to GRD on the main pcb(Which does have the led).
I'll get back to you after some more tests. thanks again!

Thanks for the reply I will start doing as you suggested. I do have switched continuity K to GRD on the breakout(which I am not using) but I do not have continuity K to GRD on the main pcb(Which does have the led).
I'll get back to you after some more tests. thanks again!
I think I misspoke. The SW pad is where the LED current flows, but you should have ground continuity in one of the two positions.
Toggle the switch and see if the switch is flipping all three poles each time.
1000004807.jpg
I *think* PPCB boards use the center set of lugs for LEDs but it's easy enough to check all 3.
Maybe reflow your jumper. Hard to see from the photo but the joints look rather cold.

Back