Reading Russian Datasheets…

Bricksnbeatles

Member known well
I’ve been trying to decipher various Russian transistors datasheets recently, but things are in different units and labeled with different markings from the English datasheets I’m used to. I don’t even know how to type the Cyrillic characters to go about looking them up. Anyone have any pointers for deciphering what’s going on when you’re looking at datasheets for Soviet/Russian transistors? Just one example below, but there’s a ton like this online.
814E182B-4D7C-4A9D-83EA-F3D86AA5D5A8.jpeg

I know it doesn't really help but once I used that Cyrillic chart to work out an address on a package of Russian transistors I had bought on Ebay. I am a very curious person and I wanted to see where my Ge transistors had come from. Turns out I could find the address and see the sender's very dreary looking apartment block in Omsk, which must be a bloody miserable place to live! It's way out in the middle of Siberia, just above China and Mongolia and must be freezing at least half of the year. So I don't begrudge the person who sent the transistors their $20 it cost for a bunch of very good pedal fillers.

I feel so lucky to live where I do.

I'm fluent in Cyrillic and know a bit of Russian but that's all Greek to me. If only I knew anything about transistors...

All I can say is the word before T 25 C means at (pri) i guess that's the temp the parameters were tested at. Probably knew that already didn't you?

There's some K, B and E so those would be collector, base and emitter.
So IKB0 is Iceo? Leakage?

I'm fluent in Cyrillic and know a bit of Russian but that's all Greek to me. If only I knew anything about transistors...

All I can say is the word before T 25 C means at (pri) i guess that's the temp the parameters were tested at. Probably knew that already didn't you?

There's some K, B and E so those would be collector, base and emitter.
So IKB0 is Iceo? Leakage?
Ah that makes sense! Thanks.

I’m guessing U K3R Max is the max collector-emitter voltage rating then

I K makes sense as collector current…

Back