Resistor question

Dan0h

I swore it wouldn’t happen to me, and it did.
Ordered 82ohm instead of 82k ohms resistors. Laying out the parts for a General Tso build tonight. Can I run a 39k and 47k in series to come in at 86k, use a 100k or should I just do what I can and order a 82k and wait for it to come in? Not sure what the function of the 82k in this build, if it would effect the sound quality I’d rather wait.
Thanks in advance.

Bummer! But you are on the right track with series. Series or parallel would work. Parallel is both resistors spooning each other and you'd need to add two together that go much higher to get it drop down to 82k. IDK, maybe around 350k total between the two? Someone smarter would have to chime in. There are a handful of PCB's on the site that don't have schematics up, this being one of them. So, you might not get a lot of troubleshooting help as far as what components do what in the circuit.

Thanks Jovi, I noticed the schematic was missing when I printed the sheets out. I’m thinking about just being patient and not rushing. Unless someone says using a 100k will work and not affect the sound quality I think I will just order the right part.
I’m following your tutorial to the T. Cleaning each component after checking with the Dmm. It’s crazy how a set of ten resistors all have slightly different values. Then using the flux pen. And just taking time on each solder instead of being in a rush. Thanks for your precious advice man. Very appreciated.

My pleasure! Yeah, ordering the right part might be best though 86k is dang close and it's not going to be difficult to remove since the pots are out of the way. Do it until your 82's come? It'll be hard for anyone here to say what would work best in place of that 82k since there is no reference point.

If you have a 47K and 33K, use that. If you can measure them and have any on the high side of the value even better. It looks like R3 and R4 form a voltage divider to R2 which is the bias resistor for Q1 gate. 80K will give you around 39% of the voltage and 82K gives you 40% of the voltage so not much difference

If you have a 47K and 33K, use that. If you can measure them and have any on the high side of the value even better. It looks like R3 and R4 form a voltage divider to R2 which is the bias resistor for Q1 gate. 80K will give you around 39% of the voltage and 82K gives you 40% of the voltage so not much difference
Awesome. Thank you.

OK my math was a little off, 80K will give you 40% and 82 will give you 40.56% :geek: And make sure they are in series, stand them up the bottom of one leg in one hole and the bottom leg of other resistor in second hole, the just fold over one top leg and solder to other leg and snip the tops as close as you can. If its going into a 125B should fit no problem.

Back