Rosamp SLO 30 Build

Here it is, in all its raw glory!
FU********CCCCCCKKKKKKK YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds killer! Sounds like an SLO. Looks great too. Love the demo. This demo seals the deal. I'm getting one as soon as I squirrel away some cash. Thanks for keeping us updated on your build! Great Job!

FU********CCCCCCKKKKKKK YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds killer! Sounds like an SLO. Looks great too. Love the demo. This demo seals the deal. I'm getting one as soon as I squirrel away some cash. Thanks for keeping us updated on your build! Great Job!
You’re going to get one?!? Hell yes! It is worth the cash!
That’s giving me so much GAS that my family has asked me to leave the room!
Hahhahahaha, I don’t even need gas for them to ask.
Sounds awesome! I have been giving serious thought to either this or the Hiwatt that they have. I was thinking Hiwatt, but your demo might have brought the SLO back into consideration!
You do a hiwatt and we can swap for a month. Give each other a chance to be eskimo bros
Could that head cabinet look any better??? Actually don't answer that. I'm enjoying it exactly like it is 😍
I know but…..
Exactly why I question the "temp cab" remark up front. I say keep it as is.
Let me take a few close up shots of a few things and you will see what I mean. I needs a sanding, proper stain and a hand painting. Just my opinion.

More videos coming soon with it!

Here it is, in all its raw glory!
Woah man. This is absolutely killer! This amp suits you and your playing so well. That pedal board is perfect. Everything is perfect. Honestly I’ve thought about many different reasons to build an amp but watching this video is the the only reason I need. Congrats on that beautiful piece of equipment. 😍

Woah man. This is absolutely killer! This amp suits you and your playing so well. That pedal board is perfect. Everything is perfect. Honestly I’ve thought about many different reasons to build an amp but watching this video is the the only reason I need. Congrats on that beautiful piece of equipment. 😍
Thank you very much! That pedal board is my go-to, desert island pedals for today. I highly recommend you build one!

I couldn't wait to start working on this and I really couldn't wait to start sharing it with everyone right over here;

I thought it would be best to start a proper build thread in case anyone was interested in building something like this. A Soldano SLO 100 has been a dream amp of mine since I started playing guitar and going to see Warren Haynes tear it up in Gov't Mule just cemented in my head what kind of sound I want. Unfortunately it is hard to justify a 100 watt tube head but was really intrigued when they came out with the 30 watt version, I was really considering getting one (and might still) but really wanted to check out DIY options. Rosamp.com has been really great to order from and the box came super quick and everything was really well packed. The build documentation is just a lay out and a schematic and is fairly sparse, I wouldn't recommend this for a beginner or first time amp build. Places like Trinityamps, Valvewizard, Allenamps have really incredible documentation that really leads you by the hand on the build.

The chassis, knobs, transformers, pcbs and parts are all top shelf and it is really quite a beautiful thing when it is put together.

Here are some pics from the first day of the build.

This is test fitting all of the components into the chassis
dJZcTvyl.jpg

NELbPVOl.jpg
MGiecARl.jpg

jOLO5Lxl.jpg

Here is the preamp board
XlqS8zTl.jpg
vGjRgKQl.jpg

Here is the power board
V02cKiYl.jpg
vYRZWdPl.jpg

Here are some over exposed shots of the board with the test fit.
McR4Vrjl.jpg
yg10RRLl.jpg
Does anyone know exactly how the effects loop is wired on the original SLO 30 which has a potentiometer level? And with what specific component values?
Thanks for any answers.

Back