Royale with Cheese

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This comes from Effectslayouts and is an excellent bass drive pedal. Er, I should probably say fuzz. I'll just call it a dirt pedal.

This is the Great Vengeance, which is Effectslayouts take on the DAM Ezekiel 25:17. What makes this different from the original circuit is that there is a blend knob in there. The build itself was straightforward, though I don't have a ton of experience with footswitch boards. It was still a fun build. Of course you can put this with guitar and it will still sound great, but I think this will stay on my bass board.

Ezekiel 25:17 is quoted from Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction each time he's about to off someone in the film. BTW, if you haven't seen it then you definitely live under a rock or are under 25, lol. I wanted to do a nod to Pulp Fiction and was torn between two options for the enclosure design. After drilling it per the build doc I realized I didn't have enough room for art, so I just went with labelling instead. I didn't have a knob for the rotary switch that's pedal specific, but then I found my old knob from my bass kit build that was calling me. I may change it with something else. Who knows?

Tonewise, this is pretty much anything you'd want in a bass drive pedal. Selectable germanium, 4148, LEDs, or opamp clipping. I would highly recommend this for all you bass heads out there.

BuddytheReow

1696021297861.png 1696021315043.png

Pedals!
The cornerstone of any nutritious tone! What kind of circuit?
D.A.M. !
Mmm, this is a tasty pedal!
I do love the tastiness of a clean-looking pedal.

Nicely-executed build on one of the (very) few PCBs of this circuit with a decent knob layout.
What about a Davies 1510 for the diode selector surrounded by Davies 1900H? That's a knob-combo I think would work really well here.

Pedals!
The cornerstone of any nutritious tone! What kind of circuit?
D.A.M. !
Mmm, this is a tasty pedal!
I do love the tastiness of a clean-looking pedal.

Nicely-executed build on one of the (very) few PCBs of this circuit with a decent knob layout.
What about a Davies 1510 for the diode selector surrounded by Davies 1900H? That's a knob-combo I think would work really well here.
I tried the 1510 on the rotary, but the shaft is too long for it.

1696073070367.gif

Back