Sanguine Distortion Project

gossie21

I’m fairly new to pedal building and not too savvy with electronics. This is my 3rd build. I got it fired up last night, but not without several hiccups along the way. I ordered a 3-pin toggle first, then a 6-pin momentary toggle. A few wiring soldering mistakes. Overall though it’s fun and the pedal works... except for toggling between modes (at least until I can get the right switch).

I need to try and sort out one issue, going in to the preamp there is very little volume. I have to dime it and it’s still just below unity volume. Going into the effects loop and it has all the volume/gain and some to spare.

Attachments

• 3D687A9B-654A-44FB-A8FC-3CDB2917560E.jpeg
    3D687A9B-654A-44FB-A8FC-3CDB2917560E.jpeg
    718.3 KB · Views: 15
I’m fairly new to pedal building and not too savvy with electronics. This is my 3rd build. I got it fired up last night, but not without several hiccups along the way. I ordered a 3-pin toggle first, then a 6-pin momentary toggle. A few wiring soldering mistakes. Overall though it’s fun and the pedal works... except for toggling between modes (at least until I can get the right switch).

I need to try and sort out one issue, going in to the preamp there is very little volume. I have to dime it and it’s still just below unity volume. Going into the effects loop and it has all the volume/gain and some to spare.
Are these 2 LED mounted on the PCB like this:

Sanguine.jpg

If you look at the Base Circle of the LED, the - side of the LED has a Flat machined on it like in Picture.
As long as they match, Both
- on the Bottom or Both - on the top it will work Fine
Can't have a
- and a + !

Putting it in the effects loop the volume your getting is likely the preamp pushing it

I barely have scratched the surface of understanding electronics, but when I first started modding and then building pedals the first trouble shooting device I was exposed to, other than a DVM was the audio probe, if you don't have one building one and learning to use it should be the first course Pedal building 101

Putting it in the effects loop the volume your getting is likely the preamp pushing it
I meant bypassing the preamp altogether and plugging directly into the effects return. I definitely need to brush up on the things to troubleshoot the issue though.

If you look at the Base Circle of the LED, the - side of the LED has a Flat machined on it like in Picture.
As long as they match, Both
- on the Bottom or Both - on the top it will work Fine
Can't have a
- and a + !
You need to Confirm the LED's are Correct,
Here is a link to check All those resistors are Correct, so many times ie 47r instead of 4k7 or vise versa OR 470r instead of 470k or vise versa!
Click on BANDS for 5 Bands:

You need to Confirm the LED's are Correct,
Here is a link to check All those resistors are Correct, so many times ie 47r instead of 4k7 or vise versa OR 470r instead of 470k or vise versa!
Click on BANDS for 5 Bands:
I checked the LEDs with a multimeter and I believe they are in backwards. I’ll fix that once I get the right switch in.

Is there any reason why when I check an LED on one side with the test leads reversed, the opposite LED turns on?

Good, Leave the LED's as they are. The only other suggestion I would do is Clean the back of the Board with Isopryl & Electrical Contact Cleaner.
You have a lot of Components there and you need to be Clean of any residue & check your solder pads are all Good.
there could be one Dag touching the adjacent component & its muting the circuit.
This has plenty of Volume on Tap!
Here's a Link to my Build :

I rearranged my pedalboard last night and the volume issue went away. I originally had it immediately behind a fuzz pedal, then I moved the fuzz to the front of my chain.

Back