Sheepylove Bee Sting

apierz

Active member
Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
First off, a big thanks to @bluedmc777 for gifting me the board. This circuit has been getting rave reviews and I don't think I would've been able to get one if not for their generous gift.

The Bee Sting is a Silver Bee with modifications by @HamishR and offered by @szukalski through Sheepylove. There's a few Sheepylove boards available through the pedalpcb.com store and hopefully the selection continues to grow!

Build: Great layout and nothing too difficult to track down. I had almost all the components on hand except for one capacitor. If your used to pedalpcb boards, this one won't give you any trouble.

Design: I wanted to work in sheep and the silver bee into the artwork, so you get a sheep in a bee helmet on a winked silver enclosure. Tayda did a great job with the UV printing.

Sound: This pedal held its own with every overdrive pedal I tried along side it as far as overdriven tone, but where it had a night-and-day difference was in left hand and palm muting on rhythm parts. Something about the EQ and the clipping of this circuit made muted strums sound great and jump out. I think it sounds good through the full range of the gain knob and with both a bass and tone control it was easy to keep it from getting to shrill or too muddy.

Definitely a good one to try if you can. Hopefully it makes its way to the PPCB store someday.

Image.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • Image-1.jpeg
    Image-1.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top