Shika Flubb

Hi, getting no sound with the pedal engaged. I'm still pretty green, thought maybe I'm doing something wrong that's obvious to others but not me. I haven't checked every single resistor, but I will if I need to. I think I've checked everything else. I've double-checked the cap values and tested them on the board. I checked the diodes and pots beforehand. Then I double-checked the pots on the board. I've tried different jacks and a different switch. Only difference in components between this and the BOM, as far as I can tell, is the log pot I swapped in for the linear pot of the same value on the volume control. Tested the transistors with my multimeter in diode mode and got 582-585 for all 4. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Shika Top.jpg Shika Bottom.jpg

Flipped the pots around and now it works beautifully, is ready for boxing, and sounds incredible. Really saturated and heavy but with this really great fizziness on top. It's like the Topo Chico of fuzz, haha.

I was ready to be embarrassed when I posted (it was worth it), IMO, but thanks for responding in a way that was just helpful rather than derisive. I'm in groups on other platforms and often see well-meaning posters just punished when they ask for help. I was starting to despair over the build and the hobby, actually, and this was a bit of a shot in the arm.

Back