DEMO Shut up and play yer Baritone! (and some pedals)

This post contains an audio or video demo
Me likey the bari, be careful though. If you keep going lower you'll need to start Pokémoning all them bass specific pedal projects too.
I still need to dial in the string gauges. Tension feels a little low with B-to-B tuning. I've got a set of Dadarrio Jazz Mediums on it. (Not sure why they're for "jazz".) But they rattle if I hit the strings too hard.

I'm also thinking about experimenting with some Nashville tunings.

I still need to dial in the string gauges. Tension feels a little low with B-to-B tuning. I've got a set of Dadarrio Jazz Mediums on it. (Not sure why they're for "jazz".) But they rattle if I hit the strings too hard.

I'm also thinking about experimenting with some Nashville tunings.
I used those on my 27" scale for years but recently switched to these. I know I'm weird but I'm definitely not switching back any time soon. An expensive risk if you end up hating them but I'm way in to it. Again, this is from a bassists perspective.
Screenshot_20230801_144359.jpg

I notice in your demos your clean tone usually has a lot of (modulated?) reverb. Is that from an amp, a pedal, or in software?
It's my dual Deluxe Memory Man delays. (MBP Skoolie on my amp rig). I have the same set up for my amp-less rig (MBP Total Recall + MBP Tourbus). Slight touch of reverb from a Gravitation Reverb on both setups. Basically, I'm reproducing the early 2000's Andy Timmons setup when he was still using DMM's to create his "Halo" delay effect.

Reactions: spi
Ariel Posen uses 17, 20, 30w, 40w, 52w and 64w for B standard. Joey Landreth uses something close to that. That will give you something close to 010 E standard tension.
AP uses these strings and tuning on a standard scale guitar no? Or does he play a baritone?

Back