Silver "Trace" on PCB, one side is messed up, is that OK? what is the sliver pad thing called?

Sizzle lug 1 solder a jumper directly to the pot lug then over to C24 side that doesn't connect to ground

I am taking this in baby steps. It is slightly tricky because certain things can be "backwards" or "upside down" in relation to which side I am looking at so I'm being mindful of this.

When looking at Page 1 of FM PCB layout and zeroing in on the SIZZLE A100K pot:
  1. Am I to interpret the volume pot lugs for this Sizzle A100K as 3, 2, 1 when reading LEFT to RIGHT where LUG 1 is the SQUARE PAD at the right? If so, My Lug 1 pad HAS lifted.
  2. If the above is true, then LUG 1 is GND and per my very amateur reading skills of the SCHEMATIC, this LUG 1 actually feeds the "front" or "input" of C24 100n and then the "back" or "out" of C24 100n feeds the GND?
  3. The C24 box film capacitor on Page 1 of Face Melter PCB layout is the second cap directly below the SIZZLE pot.
  4. When I touch the C24 side that DOES go to ground (when looking at COMPONENT SIDE this is the right of the cap) I get a BEEP.
  5. When I touch the GROUND LUG of the SIZZLE POT to any ground, I get NO BEEP.
  6. If what I have said thus far is all correct, then I should be able to touch the GND LUG of SIZZLE to the RIGHT SIDE of C24 cap when looking at component view and get a BEEP. Right? If so, I am NOT getting a beep, this is why I need to connect LUG 1 of SIZZLE directly to this C24 RIGHT side?
  7. My amateur reading skills of schematic are not good enough to tell what LUG 2 and LUG 3 do. Have I correctly circled what LUG 1, LUG 2 and LUG 3 are? The schematic has a weird number between the RESISTOR and the C24, almost looks like a 12 or someone made an error?
amateur.PNG

Reactions: fig
Lug 1 isn't directly connected to ground so you won't get a beep

Lug 1 should be connected to the non ground side of C24

You're correct the PCB square pad is lug 1 on all pots

The pot lug numbers are those nearest to the pot, lug 1 with the 2 over typed on it 2 in the middle with the arrow and 3 at the top ignore the 1 near the cap 20210725_203154.jpg

Last edited:
Lug 1 isn't directly connected to ground so you won't get a beep

Lug 1 should be connected to the non ground side of C24

You're correct the PCB square pad is lug 1 on all pots

The pot lug numbers are those nearest to the pot, lug 1 with the 2 over typed on it 2 in the middle with the arrow and 3 at the top ignore the 1 near the capView attachment 14060

That reminds me of Don Madden and his marker explaining a football play......"and as you can clearly see, the quarterback got lunched!"

One side of C7 should beep with ground on your DMM's continudity testes ehr tester. (whoops, must be the original circuit's influence). The other side of C7 should beep with Big Booty #3.

On BOOTY, I was getting GROUND BEEP when touching GND to - of the C7 round cap.

I got NO BEEP when touching BOOTY LUG 3 to + of C7.

I ran a direct jumper from BOOTY LUG 3 to + of C7... and...

IT WORKS!!!!!!! I HAVE BOOTY!! I HAVE SIZZLE AND BOOTY!!! HALLELUJAH LORD ABOVE ALMIGHTY J.C. WITH SANDALS AND CARPENTRY.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAS!

THank you thank you thank you!!

LESSONS LEARNED: Pay attention when putting the pots in for their orientation! Don't ever DRILL an enclosure WHILE YOU HAVE A PCB INSIDE OF IT.

Attachments

• IMG_20210725_125013.jpg
    IMG_20210725_125013.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 5
On BOOTY, I was getting GROUND BEEP when touching GND to - of the C7 round cap.

I got NO BEEP when touching BOOTY LUG 3 to + of C7.

I ran a direct jumper from BOOTY LUG 3 to + of C7... and...

IT WORKS!!!!!!! I HAVE BOOTY!! I HAVE SIZZLE AND BOOTY!!! HALLELUJAH LORD ABOVE ALMIGHTY J.C. WITH SANDALS AND CARPENTRY.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAS!

THank you thank you thank you!!

LESSONS LEARNED: Pay attention when putting the pots in for their orientation! Don't ever DRILL an enclosure WHILE YOU HAVE A PCB INSIDE OF IT.
It's 6.20 am here in Australia as I write, Congrats for getting the PCB fired up & looking after your Dog.
I have a 3 year old English Staffy & his name is Max.
12 months ago, he swallowed a piece of plastic on a farm & it cost Five Thousand Dollars to remove it & medication.
He is my Best Mate & I would do anything to make sure he is right!!!

It's 6.20 am here in Australia as I write, Congrats for getting the PCB fired up & looking after your Dog.
I have a 3 year old English Staffy & his name is Max.
12 months ago, he swallowed a piece of plastic on a farm & it cost Five Thousand Dollars to remove it & medication.
He is my Best Mate & I would do anything to make sure he is right!!!
Good on ya, mate. Glad your boy is ok! Dogs are amazing buddies and u gotta do what has to be done. I have hens here for eggs and my dogs like to scratch at the coop and they are always effing up their paws.

THANK U TO EVERYONE FOR THE HELP. AMAZING LEARNING EXPERIENCE!!!!!! Dirty Sanchez is up next and then #3 will be the Plumes. (Yes, I like dirt and OD and gain).

Thank you!!!!!!!! 👌👌👌👌👌👌👍👍👍👍👍👍

All my dogs have to wear a cone once in their life, I get them all spade or neutered, so there no if and but about it.

However, there is nothing funnier than a 10 month old pup with a cone. Not only that they are already not fully coordinated, but put a cone on and suddenly they bang the cone everywhere... Best time of my life.. not theirs :)

Your dog will get used of the cone, my experience is one over night and after that they just ignore it...

Well done on you pedal, I was not online when the last steps of your troubleshooting happened... sorry for that !

Back