Six String Stinger

AK7IN

No sound and the led brightness fluctuates with the turning of the volume pot.
Somebody please help.

I think I found the problem. I disconnected the pcb from the foot switch and hooked the pcb up to my test box and it works. The foot switch was soldered to a 3dpt breakout board so it seems the problem was the foot switch or the breakout board.
Thanks for replying.

i have sound when bypassed. no sound when turned on. any help plz. does anyone have the schematic with the actual volts on it ? any suggestion! build pics attached.

Attachments

• 20190919_141024.jpg
    20190919_141024.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 21
  • 20190919_141000.jpg
    20190919_141000.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 21
When I have had this issue where the pedal passes signal in bypass but is dead when "switched on", it has usually been a faulty or miswired footswitch - those things don't tolerate soldering heat all too well. I try to minimize dwell time when soldering footswitches and also give them a chance to cool down a minute or so between soldering each of the 9 lugs. It's usually a bad sign that you've likely killed it when you're soldering the footswitch lugs and they start moving around on you. I've learned that one the hard way more than a few times...

i have sound when bypassed. no sound when turned on. any help plz. does anyone have the schematic with the actual volts on it ? any suggestion! build pics attached.

Last edited:
Back