Skeptical Buffer Switchable Loop Wiring Diagram

Robert

Reverse Engineer
I've had a few people ask about adding the switchable loop send / receive jacks to the Skeptical Buffer so here's a quick and dirty diagram.

It's pretty simple, you just need 1/4" jacks with switched tip terminals like these (or similar):

1-4_Jack_Pinout.jpg

Just to keep things clearer this diagram doesn't show the ground wires to the 1/4" jacks so be sure you ground at least one of them.

The orange wires go to the TIP lugs of the IN/OUT jacks, like normal.

The blue wires go to the TIP lugs of the LOOP SEND/RECV jacks.

The purple wire at the top connects the SWITCHED TIP lug of the LOOP SEND to the SWITCHED TIP lug of the LOOP RECV.

SkepticalLoopWiringDiagram.png

Last edited:
I haven't built it with the loop jacks but you'd need a 1590BB or some clever jack placement.

I've had a few people ask about adding the switchable loop send / receive jacks to the Skeptical Buffer so here's a quick and dirty diagram.

It's pretty simple, you just need 1/4" jacks with switched tip terminals like these (or similar):

1-4_Jack_Pinout.jpg

Just to keep things clearer this diagram doesn't show the ground wires to the 1/4" jacks so be sure you ground at least one of them.

The orange wires go to the TIP lugs of the IN/OUT jacks, like normal.

The blue wires go to the TIP lugs of the LOOP SEND/RECV jacks.

The purple wire at the top connects the SWITCHED TIP lug of the LOOP SEND to the SWITCHED TIP lug of the LOOP RECV.

SkepticalLoopWiringDiagram.png

So I only need the switch tipped terminal jacks for the send/receive loop jacks, correct? I can use typical mono jacks for the In/out jacks, correct?

So I only need the switch tipped terminal jacks for the send/receive loop jacks, correct? I can use typical mono jacks for the In/out jacks, correct?
As an alternative, I used a switchcraft mono and switchcraft shunt jacks for mine.
But I shoved mine into a 125B enclosure so the fit was extremely tight.

As an alternative, I used a switchcraft mono and switchcraft shunt jacks for mine.
But I shoved mine into a 125B enclosure so the fit was extremely tight.
Forgive my ignorance, but the shunt jack would be for the "Send" and the Mono would be for the "Receive," Yes?

Forgive my ignorance, but the shunt jack would be for the "Send" and the Mono would be for the "Receive," Yes?
Yes.
Here is my build report for reference.

(edit: Also I posted it on here https://forum.pedalpcb.com/threads/psa-skeptical-buffer-send-return.17842/ Robert's design in the above post looks a lot better and easier)

Also the way Robert has it wired those are Shunt jacks.

Last edited:
Back