Sproing Deluxe Volume Boost?

bhcarpenter

I’m getting a pretty significant volume boost on the clean signal when the reverb side of my Sproing Deluxe is engaged (even with the reverb turned all the way down). Is that expected? Obviously the tremolo section has a dedicated gain control. Not sure if there’s something similar I can tweak on the reverb side to bring it back down to unity.

Oddly I get the opposite, a volume drop when reverb is engaged.

Edit weeks later: I realize now that we were both describing the same thing, only from different perspectives, and I just realized it today 🤣🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
I deleted the 15k resistor at the end of the reverb side before going to the switch. This brought the volume back up to unity. I’m thinking it might work if you replaced it with a 1.5k resistor, but I don’t notice a difference just deleting it. This puts the pedal back on my board.

And here I thought I did something wrong. I have an original sproing and it does NOT change the volume at all..... I actually stuck it on the to be fixed shelf. I'll try the resistor tomorrow!!!
I deleted the 15k resistor at the end of the reverb side before going to the switch. This brought the volume back up to unity. I’m thinking it might work if you replaced it with a 1.5k resistor, but I don’t notice a difference just deleting it. This puts the pedal back on my board.

I noticed this on my Sproing Deluxe and luckily found this thread. Pulled the resistor and jumpered it and it is perfect!
I forgot to put this on my to-do list, lol. I have now put this on my to-do list!!! I caught a NASTY cold about 2.5 weeks ago. Really just back to normal today..... You know, I was going to desolder it and put a wire in place. Silly me.... :cool:

I forgot to put this on my to-do list, lol. I have now put this on my to-do list!!! I caught a NASTY cold about 2.5 weeks ago. Really just back to normal today..... You know, I was going to desolder it and put a wire in place. Silly me.... :cool:
Glad you're feeling better.

Now get back to work...

Is the circled resistor the 15k that should be jumpered? According to the color bands it is, but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve put something in the wrong place!

(I started on this board a few weeks ago and then got too busy to finish it. Really looking forward to it!)

Thanks!

7EE232AF-6C50-42AE-B25C-EAFB9B3D8DEE.jpeg

I've built 2 Sproing Deluxe and they are both perfect built stock. No volume issues.
@enrosenzweig
I have a real Boing I bought before I started making pedals and it has a LOT more volume than the Sproing I built. So much so that I assumed I had screwed something up.... I have a 50 watt Hiwatt DR504 that I built, if I just turn it up the sproing sounds great.

@enrosenzweig
I have a real Boing I bought before I started making pedals and it has a LOT more volume than the Sproing I built. So much so that I assumed I had screwed something up.... I have a 50 watt Hiwatt DR504 that I built, if I just turn it up the sproing sounds great.
I don’t have 50 watt Hiwatt or a suitable place to crank it, I’m afraid. I think that leaves me to be the 15k resistor guinea pig!

Last edited:
I wonder if there is some variability in Belton bricks perhaps. Which version did you use? I used the Long Delay version.
I've built it with the long and short. Both are perfectly unity. The short is somewhat counterintuitively less springy so I suggest sticking with the long. I think it's a super fabulous set up. My only gripe at all is the built-in modulation on the brick. They need to remove that or make it switchable. And I'm not interested in the micro surgery to delete it.

Hi guys, new member here with my sights set on the Sproing Deluxe. Someone was cool enough to point me to the parts list in this post, but I am hoping someone can help me make sure I get everything ordered correctly. Any takers, please PM me. I just need someone to help make sure I'm ordering the right stuff 🤘

Back