Stone Age Distortion What's with R8 and R9?

HamishR

I'm thinking of building one of these for a friend who is a massive QOTSA fan. So I had a look at the PPCB schematic and saw something I hadn't seen before (well that's not difficult for me!) - pin 6 of IC2 goes to a 47K resistor which goes to a 1M5 to pin 7. Why wouldn't they just use one resistor? Surely the resistance doesn't have to be exactly 1M547?

That's why it's called the Stone Age, they were still working out how to invent the wheel! :D
but your right, 1M5 + - 1% would be close enough!

Last edited:
When I saw Hamish's message, I thought he was talking about the BJFE version coz he uses weird values but it's one resistor!

I'm thinking of building one of these for a friend who is a massive QOTSA fan. So I had a look at the PPCB schematic and saw something I hadn't seen before (well that's not difficult for me!) - pin 6 of IC2 goes to a 47K resistor which goes to a 1M5 to pin 7. Why wouldn't they just use one resistor? Surely the resistance doesn't have to be exactly 1M547?
Did you finish it? Would love to see a build report :)

I did build it but I can't actually remember what I did with it... I know I didn't particularly like it.

Back