stripboard check

I just need another set of eyes on this layout. I'd appreciate it. Below is the schematic and I wanna make sure the stripboard layout is accurate.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.55.28 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.55.28 PM.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 9.45.39 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 9.45.39 AM.png
    46.1 KB · Views: 18
Nice. Couple of things stand out to me

Transistors come in difference pinouts, and I don’t see a note about which transistor you’re using to be able to check those pins are connected right.

You should be able to modify the pin spacing of the transistors in the software to line up with the holes and not have to use those jumpers, which would make it easier to read.

If used as a standalone pedal, you will experience some extreme popping when switching. Need to use a pull-down resistor from input to Gnd. 1M is common. Although, when using electrolytic cap for input, there is a chance you will still get pop as electrolytic can leak DC. If you can experiment and see if a lower value like 1uF doesn’t cut any bass, you could use a 1uF film instead. Tantalum is also an option

Nice. Couple of things stand out to me

Transistors come in difference pinouts, and I don’t see a note about which transistor you’re using to be able to check those pins are connected right.

You should be able to modify the pin spacing of the transistors in the software to line up with the holes and not have to use those jumpers, which would make it easier to read.

If used as a standalone pedal, you will experience some extreme popping when switching. Need to use a pull-down resistor from input to Gnd. 1M is common. Although, when using electrolytic cap for input, there is a chance you will still get pop as electrolytic can leak DC. If you can experiment and see if a lower value like 1uF doesn’t cut any bass, you could use a 1uF film instead. Tantalum is also an option
So adding a 1M at the beginning of the circuit after input to ground would take care of it? Or do you suggest adding one a t output too?

The volume pot performs this same function already at the output.

Basically, caps block DC voltage, but they aren’t perfect at it. So a little DC leaks through and can accumulate at the input pin. Then, when you switch the effect on/off, there is a jump in DC voltage. The bleed resistor from input to Gnd (and output to gnd in the form of the volume pot) allows this leak to bleed to gnd, keeping your input pin at 0vDC. Almost every pedalpcb circuit (maybe every single one) has this implemented at the input, usually 1M but sometimes 2M or 470k

The volume pot performs this same function already at the output.

Basically, caps block DC voltage, but they aren’t perfect at it. So a little DC leaks through and can accumulate at the input pin. Then, when you switch the effect on/off, there is a jump in DC voltage. The bleed resistor from input to Gnd (and output to gnd in the form of the volume pot) allows this leak to bleed to gnd, keeping your input pin at 0vDC. Almost every pedalpcb circuit (maybe every single one) has this implemented at the input, usually 1M but sometimes 2M or 470k
Got it. I'll definitely add one.

Back