Sunflower

TheSin

Trying to find out what transistor gain and leakage requirements are for this pedal since the originals are not obtainable. Also, has anybody subbed in any BC183 silicone transistors? Wondering if it will work. Thanks in advance!

The BC183 is NPN

NKT275 PNP

Almost any PNP germanium would work,

in the original they were medium to low gain lots of info here if you want to get close to the original

I've always preferred Japanese 2SB types again pretty expensive but cheap compared to NKT germaniums

The BC183 is NPN

NKT275 PNP

Almost any PNP germanium would work,

in the original they were medium to low gain lots of info here if you want to get close to the original

I've always preferred Japanese 2SB types again pretty expensive but cheap compared to NKT germaniums

Thanks, I’ll take a look.
I only asked about the silicon transistors because some of those Sunfaces are made with them from what I am seeing.

Yeah you do get both silicon and germanium and lots of different transistors even Russian PNPs

I think his originals were NKT275 red dot, then white dot then.......

There's loads of options

As you know it's a fuzz face so with a few changes you can go NPN or PNP

I've collected and tried loads of different germaniums weirdly enough some of the more sought after one's were disappointing

I'm UK based and usually go here for 'mojo' parts nightmare to navigate the site so I just use the search bar but they've got a good range and if you search a specific component they don't have it'll return similar components

Last edited:
Thanks for the Analog Mike link. Good info there and hear some of the samples (I'm a big Jon Butcher fan).

Back