Tascam guitar trainer cd-gt1

Erik S

The early aughts were a weird time for music gear.

Anybody ever use one of these things?

It mixes a guitar signal with a CD for play-along and has a bunch of funny preset effects. It does let you set a start and stop point in a track and it’ll keep looping that section which is cool. It also has a slow-down function which I haven’t tried yet.

I really just played with it enough to verify it works. Now I need to find a cd I really want to learn some stuff from.

3E3AC2C9-3346-46E7-8BFA-AB3DD865E40E.jpeg

That would have been useful, all I ever had as a kid was the rewind/back button on the tape/cd player and a copy of guitar world. Kids don’t realize how easy it is to learn guitar these days…. Damn when did I get old and crusty?

all I ever had as a kid was the rewind/back button on the tape/cd player and a copy of guitar world.
Oh man that takes me back. I would find old used vinyl at the antique store, record them on cassette so I could sit with my guitar and do the stop-rewind-play pattern until I figured out the riffs.

That was before vinyl became cool again, I could get records for 25-50¢

Oh man that takes me back. I would find old used vinyl at the antique store, record them on cassette so I could sit with my guitar and do the stop-rewind-play pattern until I figured out the riffs.

That was before vinyl became cool again, I could get records for 25-50¢
I didn’t have the attention span for any of that when I was a kid.

Turns out I probably still don’t.

Back