Tayda Coupon Code Thread

Yeah, I had a pretty large cart in waiting for a couple weeks and when they didn't post a code after the 1st, I got tired of waiting and just went ahead with the order. Shipped yesterday though, so it seems like their warehouse team is maybe moving faster again.
Me too...seems to be moving quickly.

Everybody was/is waiting for a discount code (some with an overblown sense of entitlement, judging by Tayda's FB page). At some point, I thought "if a coupon code finally does show up, they'll be sold out of everything in like 15 minutes." Having learned a valuable lesson during the Great Artificial T.P. Shortage of 2020, I figured it might be a good idea to buy what I needed while it was still available. Glad I did; looks like everyone who was waiting for the coupon code finally gave up when the month rolled over and cleared out their shelves in one go.

Some things at Tayda, like boxes, pots and knobs, are a good deal with or without the coupon code. Other things, like some capacitors and semiconductors, are only a good deal with the 15% discount. Not everything at Tayda is a bargain. Resistors and capacitors in bulk aren't that much more at Mouser, sometimes they are cheaper, and the selection is better. Semiconductors can be cheaper at Mouser if you buy 10 or more and I don't worry about Mouser selling me 2nds or fakes.

Yeah I've been buying lots more ics and transistors from mouser too. This order was a pot and enclosure run plus I wanted to try out the UV printing service ^^ I got a feeling I will have to learn how to use vector apps like inkscape if the service is any good :). I do try to keep the cost of building down as much as a can, the more I save ,the more I can build :D, but missing a coupon ain't the end of the world seeing that they do so many sales in a given year!

Mouser offers UV printing? Cool I didn't know!

I ordered from mouser once, but I have not since because I was so confused by their site that I ordered a bunch of wrong components. also the shipping costs were very high and I don't typically order bulk. But maybe I should give them another shot, they do have a lot of stuff.

I think he was referring to Tayda.
Agreed, that's Tayda. I used the UV printing. It turned out OK, but communication to get the right file and the right dimensions was very slow. So much so, that by the time they sent my boxes, they didn't charge me anything and said the samples were mine to keep. But now that I have most of that figured out, I'm sure next time things will go much faster. They don't currently offer this service because their printer broke down. But when they do offer again, I will certainly give them another try. Pretty awesome that they didn't require a minimum so you can see what the project will look like without purchasing 20 or so.

Yeah I was referring to tayda uv printing! Sorry for the miscommunication ! the printer being down explains why they have not got back to me :/. I had to Google tayda uv printing to get to the page... Also I use gimp , so transfering the graphic via gimp/inkscape didn't do such a good job :(. I have been mostly building to test out circuits I never tried before and then selling them on reverb for a small profit and I do wish I had a better more professional way to do graphics... Clear finish in a spray can get scratch the minute you sneeze to close to it xD !!

I did send them a email and file for a 125b about 3 weeks ago but they still have not replied so my guess is that it's maybe offline for now :/ they haven't done a coupon for the past 2 months also so I am also guessing they migth be overwhelmed if lots of diyer are in isolation that must mean more orders to ship and fulfill ! Steve Scott also said that the printer they use is broken :/

I asked them if they were going to do any more predrilled 125B types, and they said they were and were just waiting on plans for them, which would be great because I definitely don't feel like learning how to drill

I used the Tayda UV printing on a couple of their powdercoated, predrilled pedalpcb enclosures. My artwork isn't that great as I rushed it to get in by the deadline, but it's usable. Converting the artwork to a vector can take some of the detail away. I clearly missed deleting a few white spots in the Godzilla artwork.... Overall, probably not massively high detail, but not terrible.

These are both BE-ODs, Godzilla is a Thermionic OD, Wolverine is a Madbean prototype that I won in a PIF a couple years ago.

Attachments

• 91234390_3105288102867172_5502826728017362944_o.jpg
    91234390_3105288102867172_5502826728017362944_o.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 91499224_3124029877659661_5880792049157931008_o.jpg
    91499224_3124029877659661_5880792049157931008_o.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 125
I used the Tayda UV printing on a couple of their powdercoated, predrilled pedalpcb enclosures. My artwork isn't that great as I rushed it to get in by the deadline, but it's usable. Converting the artwork to a vector can take some of the detail away. I clearly missed deleting a few white spots in the Godzilla artwork.... Overall, probably not massively high detail, but not terrible.

These are both BE-ODs, Godzilla is a Thermionic OD, Wolverine is a Madbean prototype that I won in a PIF a couple years ago.

Yeah converting graphics in to vectored ones looks Tricky. I downloaded inkscape and am planning on learning to make them directly in vector... My girlfriend who did a formation in graphic design a long time ago told me " you should to your desings in illustrator it would be a lot simpler!!" But I already got the hang of using Gimp and thought I sunk too much time learning it to switch to a new one ... Sunk cost fallacy and all :/. Now if they get the printing system up and running since I get all my enclosures from tayda... Migth as well get a better quality graphic than a print shop sticker and spray can finish !

Yeah converting graphics in to vectored ones looks Tricky. I downloaded inkscape and am planning on learning to make them directly in vector... My girlfriend who did a formation in graphic design a long time ago told me " you should to your desings in illustrator it would be a lot simpler!!" But I already got the hang of using Gimp and thought I sunk too much time learning it to switch to a new one ... Sunk cost fallacy and all :/. Now if they get the printing system up and running since I get all my enclosures from tayda... Migth as well get a better quality graphic than a print shop sticker and spray can finish !

The image fidelity isn't as good as the laser printer on datapol, but it seems to be more durable, not that I've tested it out that hard. I don't think Tayda will get close to this (laser printed datapol sticker with Upol (might be Spraymax 1k, can't remember) clear coat):

Attachments

• 90914593_3114603605268955_1427573530630815744_o.jpg
    90914593_3114603605268955_1427573530630815744_o.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 121
Back