Tayda Electronics - shipping

With Thailand Post I get my packages in France without paying anything. Small packages though, maybe about $40-50 of parts.

I used to buy enclosure + printing and drilling for about 20$ with shipping. This was great for prototyping. Now it is like 17$ for goods and 12$ shipping this all times 1.21 and 20€ on top of that. Too much, unfortunately. :(

This may be still cheaper than buying enclosure locally (add shipping cost) and printing locally (you have to ship the enclosure to the printing shop, pay for the prep work and printing itself).

Update on my order from Stompboxparts: I was charged about 25% of the order value of $56 even though I only paid $6 because I had a discount code. The total value was on the package. I don't know if that's a requirement but I got ripped off.

Now my Tayda cart sits at $180 (mostly pots, switches and jacks) and I still haven't added any of the 10+ printed and drilled enclosures I'd like to order. Gonna have to buy a lot of parts locally, at least shipping is free and there are no extra costs.

As I wrote elsewhere on this forum, any European company that offers UV printing at sensible prices could get a lot of orders.

Andre - I'm afraid that every Tayda order shipped with DHL goes through customs. That's not all -
Tayda does not ship any invoices, lists of items, etc. You have to provide DHL with:
- invoice/print screen from the order with all the items, prices, shipping costs, etc
- confirmation of your payment to Tayda (paypal/creditcard/etc..)
- translation of the invoice (ENG to PL)- every item. What is it made of, what is it for, etc.
- scan of the signed authorization (you have to authorize DHL to act in your behalf with all the necessary actions/paperwork, etc, custom fees)
Authorization is not free of charge.. it costs around 20-25$, but you can give the authorization for unlimited time (and pay only once for it)

Andre - I'm afraid that every Tayda order shipped with DHL goes through customs. That's not all -
Tayda does not ship any invoices, lists of items, etc. You have to provide DHL with:
- invoice/print screen from the order with all the items, prices, shipping costs, etc
- translation of the invoice (ENG to PL)- every item. What is it made of, what is it for, etc.
- scan of the signed authorization (you have to authorize DHL to act in your behalf with all the necessary actions/paperwork, etc, custom fees)
Authorization is not free of charge.. it costs around 20-25$, but you can give the authorization for unlimited time (and pay only once for it)
Wow this is an insane amount of hassle. Incidentally I am a professional translator but there's no way I'm doing all that ;(
Dzięki Temol!

My last order had the invoice scanned and sent to DHL by Tayda so all I had to do is to approve it on the DHL customs web page I was sent. I had to describe each item of the invoice on the same page. If the information from the sender doesn't match or is missing you can send your invoice or confirmation of your payment. DHL then calculates VAT plus adds 20€ processing fee. Then you are sent the link where you can pay these fees by card. It is quite simple in the end but expensive for small orders. Hope this might help someone.

Dayumn.

I mean, I buy from Tayda cause it's cheap. That would certainly be a disincentive for me to use them...

I can only imagine the shipping on those would be murder, seeing as how they sell The Heaviest Matter In the Universe.

....hold on...

I mean...there's always the odd chance that you could open the package, and boom, Explosia.

Hold on....

What do they use for a courier? Yama's Messengers?

...I'll see myself out...

There's a new shipping option, at least for Italy:

Duty Tax & VAT & Shipping Prepaid DDP - 2 to 4 days delivery - You won't pay anything more $33.50

The 33,50 $ depends from the quantity of the materials and the weight, I tried to fill the cart with causal parts and it could be about 23 $ for a smaller order or about 38 $ for bigger and heavier parts.

Is that really mean that we will pay parts and this shipping which includes all possible taxes? It says VAT, too, but are we have to pay also our Country VAT at the delivery? The delivery should very fast, anyway.

I still don't know if it's cheaper than the Thailand Post. I remember you: in Europe, or in Italy, we have to pay the Tayda total order plus our VAT.

I placed my order on Tayda.
About 76 $ of materials, about 22 $ of Thailand post delivery. (Weight 824g).
I expected about 22% of VAT on 98 $, around 22 $ but the fee I paid to the delivery guy was almost double.
OK.

Now, Tayda, to repair a mistake, can send me 4 red LED 3mm and 8 small nuts, I still have to confirm that. In case, do I expect fee again for a small bag?
I don't want to a refund or a credit (Tayda offered me both) because probably I'll make another order next years. Maybe.

The DHL option always have customs charges (around 20$) outside the usa. They do put a disclosure right next to the DHL shipping option.

For small orders they usually have a slightly higher price normal post option, but it usually don't have custom charges.

If you're order is 2kg or over the normal post option isn't available.

If you're making a big order you can ask them to lower to total to save on taxes but you will still have to pay the custom clearance charge

I placed my order on Tayda.
About 76 $ of materials, about 22 $ of Thailand post delivery. (Weight 824g).
I expected about 22% of VAT on 98 $, around 22 $ but the fee I paid to the delivery guy was almost double.
OK.

Now, Tayda, to repair a mistake, can send me 4 red LED 3mm and 8 small nuts, I still have to confirm that. In case, do I expect fee again for a small bag?
I don't want to a refund or a credit (Tayda offered me both) because probably I'll make another order next years. Maybe.
Yeah in my experience when they ship something they forgot , they will go DHL so custom charges :/

The DHL option always have customs charges (around 20$) outside the usa.
No they don't. I'm in Australia, I've received at least ten shipments from Tayda via DHL, and there has never been any fee other than the $10-ish shipping fee itself.

No they don't. I'm in Australia, I've received at least ten shipments from Tayda via DHL, and there has never been any fee other than the $10-ish shipping fee itself.
Nice :)!! it really must depend on where you are. To Canada I never had a DHL order without custom charges :( but never using regular post for smaller orders .

Tayda + DHL DDP has been good for me in Germany. It sometimes takes some work because customs is convinced I am importing for commercial purposes (7 different coloured enclosures!?! I guess I include pics of my backlog and completed pedals next time..).

I recently put in an Tayda order for about 250€ + shipping to Austria via DHL. DHL then took another 110€ for customs etc. That hurt quite a lot. Will be my last Tayda order for the foreseeable future :rolleyes:

It sounds like the problem is customs duties in various countries themselves, not DHL. The federal gov't here (Australia) adds 10% onto all overseas purchases under (I think) AU$1000. But there are no import duties apart from that. And while it is annoying, it is at least simple and prevents any other issues. Nobody I know of has been zapped with these sorts of fees unless they're importing something expensive.

I recently put in an Tayda order for about 250€ + shipping to Austria via DHL. DHL then took another 110€ for customs etc. That hurt quite a lot. Will be my last Tayda order for the foreseeable future :rolleyes:
I'm guessing that this wasn't DDP? I haven't had orders that high yet, but ~€150 ended up being ~€35 postage incl. customs. I noticed that there was a limit for DDP though, around this mark.

I forgot to mention it: I from Italy.
For EU Country there are new rules about duties. DHL has their custom fee, but even post have their rules.
With the post, in Italy, under 150 € we have to pay just the VAT, indeed I anticipated the fee I had to pay, but that not how much I was expecting.
Post delivery had delivered to me the package, and there's no DHL label, and the tracking have the TH, Thailand Post.
I have to say the deliver time estimated for Italy is 7-60 days. I often used the old Registered Mail deliver, except once, I always received my order in a month or so. This time less than two weeks.

PS As I asked early, does somebody know if I have to pay fee even for a small bag with four LED and eight nut?

Last edited:
Back