Tayda predrilled enclosures

Does anyone have the predrill values for a Terrarium? Will Tayda do the side hole for the Micro-USB plug?

I can send you my coordinates when I’m home tonight. I don’t have the location for the usb, but they can drill on all 5 sides.

Does anyone have the predrill values for a Terrarium? Will Tayda do the side hole for the Micro-USB plug?

1633910130408.png
The hole sizes are adjusted for powder coat, and you need to adjust the LED holes to taste, depending on what you're using.
Hole for DC jack is for a slimline jack.
Only the USB hole is missing

I've been meaning to email Hugo to suggest that the templates we make on drill.taydakits.com that are permanently saved are able to be publicly shared. Would make this a lot easier, imho

Edit: just sent this to Hugo. If anyone wants to echo these sentiments (without blowing up his inbox) I imagine the better

Hello Hugo,

Hope you are doing well! I wanted to write you with a suggestion for the
Tayda Box Tool that just going off of discussion on the PedalPCB forum I
imagine could increase sales for enclosure products, and certainly just
be convenient. The first would just be the ability to share completed
drill templates publicly so that others can order them. Semi-related
would be the ability to duplicate Drill templates to allow the editing
of just one or two holes. On the PedalPCB forum we share tayda drill
templates for specific pcb builds a /lot/.

Either way, just wanted to shoot that your way. Thank you for everything
you guys do for the pedal building community!

Best,

Alex

Last edited:
View attachment 16881
The hole sizes are adjusted for powder coat, and you need to adjust the LED holes to taste, depending on what you're using.
Hole for DC jack is for a slimline jack.
Only the USB hole is missing
Awesome. Creating the template now. I wouldn't have been able to get started without your help.

For the LEDs, I use the plastic 5mm bezels. On bare aluminum enclosures, a 1/4" drill bit creates a hole where I have to work hard to get the bezel in, but it stays snug without any glue. What size hole would you recommend to compensate for the powder coat?

Awesome. Creating the template now. I wouldn't have been able to get started without your help.

For the LEDs, I use the plastic 5mm bezels. On bare aluminum enclosures, a 1/4" drill bit creates a hole where I have to work hard to get the bezel in, but it stays snug without any glue. What size hole would you recommend to compensate for the powder coat?
Oh... Probably the same size you used for the toggle switches: 6.55mm.
🤦

Are you talking about those?
If yes, you should be good with 6.55. I tend to go a tad smaller (maybe 6.35 with the powder coat), and if needed I file little by little to ensure a good pressure fit (and sometimes file too much and have to use hot glue... :rolleyes:), but I think that's because I did the hole too large before and didn't want to do the same again... But I'll try with the 6.35(6.55 with the powder coat) next time.

Are you talking about those?
If yes, you should be good with 6.55. I tend to go a tad smaller (maybe 6.35 with the powder coat), and if needed I file little by little to ensure a good pressure fit (and sometimes file too much and have to use hot glue... :rolleyes:), but I think that's because I did the hole too large before and didn't want to do the same again... But I'll try with the 6.35(6.55 with the powder coat) next time.

Yeah that's right. Everything is ready to go except the USB hole.

1634167025711.png

Back