Tayda's Germanium Diodes

BuddytheReow

Breadboard Baker
Anybody know if/when Tayda will be in stock of Germanium diodes or should I assume they're never going to get them and I should just source them somewhere else?

I was on the wait list for them a while back and was notified that they came in - this was maybe 2-3 months ago? So I can say that they have gotten them relatively recently, but whether or not that means that they will come in again is anyone's guess. Maybe you can email them to see if they plan on stocking them again.

My advice though, if they do pop up again: buy them **immediately** once you get the notice because I'm not even sure those things hit the shelves before they were gone.

I quit using Germanium diodes altogether. Buy a sack of Germanium transistors for cheap and sort them. Use the low gain and leaky ones as diodes.

If you don’t mind testing and sorting your own and you can wait a bit for shipping, you can buy Russian D9 diodes for dirt cheap by the hundreds

I ordered some Soviet MP38A's from Russia last week and was tempted by the diodes as well but ended up getting some from Pedalhacker instead. They have a bunch of different Soviet diodes in packs of 10 for anyone looking to try out some different types before getting a few hundred of them.

I ordered some Soviet MP38A's from Russia last week and was tempted by the diodes as well but ended up getting some from Pedalhacker instead. They have a bunch of different Soviet diodes in packs of 10 for anyone looking to try out some different types before getting a few hundred of them.
Russian D9s are all pretty much interchangeable, the D9e is just particularly popular because Kloners decided it was the “magic” diode.

Back