The Copulator. I'm back, bitches. NSFW

Stickman393

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
What uppppppp. Your favorite two dimensional being has arisen from the grave.

Where'd he go, you ask? He got married. He moved. He's trying for a stick baby with his stick wife. *Eyebrows* *eyebrows*.

In that spirit, I present you with a DEFX build: The Coupulator. This is based off the smallsound/big sound F*CK overdrive. Bugg's got a layout for this one called the Fornicus overdrive. That one fits in a 125b, so far more pedalboard friendly, though without the "Sag Depth" mod on R22.

Personally, though, I like a larger canvas so I can paint my pretty stick figures. And I also like playing off existing names with my designs. Therefore, I give you "Glory Hole".

Notes: jfet selection isn't necessarily critical, but Q6 has a significant impact on the performance of the Sag circuit.

I tried a few different types in this build for shits and giggles: 2N4861, PF5102, 2N5457. Overall, I liked the 2N5457 with an IDSS of 2.4ma the most in this position. Higher IDSS ranges seemed to make the "Sag" function more pronounced. Too pronounced, if you ask me. I want this thing to sound like its dying, not dead.

Granted, I'm not the sort who's gonna really sit down with the trimpot and listen for hours on end with little tweaks, cause trimpots make me anxious. I don't like setting these things by ear. Gimmie a measurement to shoot for, I CANT TAKE THE PRESSURE, MAN!!!!!

Anywho, do I need to clean my board a little better? Absolutely. Oh well.

Attachments

• 20240817_115145.jpg
    20240817_115145.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240817_113807.jpg
    20240817_113807.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 30
Back