DEMO Frantone Creampuff (vero) & Fornicus OD

This post contains an audio or video demo

jwyles90

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Got a two for one for y'all today. There's a music shop near me that I've been frequenting the last year or so, and during that time I've gotten to talking with the shop owner a bit. We were recently talking about pedals and I told him that I build clones in my free time, which prompted a conversation about potentially bringing some into the shop to sell. He asked me to bring in a couple that I'd be interested in selling, so I put together these two just to see how they'd do. I built a Frantone Creampuff a long time ago and really liked how it sounded, so I figured I'd take a stab at that on vero. It's a pretty straightforward build, but sounds massive. I also had another Fornicus board on hand, so I put one of those together again.

I've really been having a lot of fun with finding different materials to wrap the enclosures in lately. The Creampuff has this shimmery, iridescent paper I found at an art shop. The picture kind of captures it, but it looks awesome when it moves in the light. The Fornicus wrapping I just found at Hobby Lobby, and really like how the knobs match the jaguar (leopard?) print a bit.

I've got another clip of the Fornicus here. This time I tried to dial back the sag knob a bit, and I actually think I like the way it sounds with less sag rather than more. The Creampuff is definitely more of a straightforward fuzz sound, but still great regardless.

Creampuff front.png
Creampuff guts.png SSBS 2 Front.png _SSBS 2 Guts.png

Back