The Path to Mediocrity is Really Very Simple..

szukalski

All we need to do is stop expecting of our self and learn to expect of others.

Continuing on my goal to become the best "barely there" builder on the forum, I got some more builds finished up.

A Modus Operandi. Easily my favourite boost, such stack-ification-ness. After seeing a comment from Chuck about 2N2222A noise, I will try a few others in there to see what I can improve.

I think my artistic ability here exceeds my high bar. Either that or my son finally got to get to play with my Posca pens:

mo1.png mo2.png

Golden Falk. It's nice, but I feel underwhelmed at times. Perhaps a JTM45 pedal going into a JTM45 clone isn't going to be the best use of the amp..

Not so enthused with the graphics, but it's sealed now.

gf1.png gf2.png gf3.png

An Aldrin Fuzz. Oh yes, the rumours were true. Now I have two other versions which I need to build! I look forward to the Hybrid Fuzz.

af1.png af2.png af3.png

Lastly, I revisited the lack of paintwork on my Spirit Box. Mcknib mentioned Super Mario on my Good Vibes build and it made my neurons excite.

sb1.png sb2.png

Starting to get a feel for what is useful using the Posca pens. Other methods beckon, but none of those allow me to sit on the couch with the wife as I decorate little metal boxes.

Nice work!

Since you mention noise... Are your enclosures actually grounded? Asking because your jacks look like the type that have no metal to metal contact to the enclosure usually, but I might be wrong.

Since you mention noise... Are your enclosures actually grounded? Asking because your jacks look like the type that have no metal to metal contact to the enclosure usually, but I might be wrong.

I use these nice teethy monsters which grip nicely to the enclosure. I made the mistake of using a cheaper option without the enclosure contact and it was a pain running a ground wire for the 3-4 builds until I ran out of those sockets.

The Modus isn't extremely noisy, but I am thinking of building it into a dual pedal so any reduction will scale over time.

Really enjoy the Modus, can't stop using it in the chain. Driving a Peachy Fran is sublime.

Back