The 'Sploded Whale (Moonn Drömtydning(dba Echo dream 2))

Mentaltossflycoon

This thing is fun as hell. I have a hydra on my board and there's no way this could ever dislodge it but what a wonderfully disgusting little delay. I did the optional momentary feedback switch but skipped the fzz mod. It takes the fuzz to 0 but also drops the volume as a result. I decided since I would have to bend down and adjust the volume anyway, having this on a stomper didn't seem that useful.

The sounds brought a funny memory to my mind. Way back, in the 70s, a dead whale washed up on the oregon coast. They decided that explosives would be the best thing to do. The explosion barely made a dent in the carcass while raining the little town of Florence with rotting whale bits. The graphic on the enclosure is a still of that explosion from the news broadcast of the event, flipped on it's side and glitched out.
Screenshot_20220101-152306_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220101-154544_Gallery.jpg

Great build! I watched that video of blowing up the dead whale on youtube, it seemed a good idea at the time.... right...
I remember that as like one of the first thing on the internet. That along with Ding Fries are Done and Tub Girl. Man, the early days of the internet were pretty awful 🤣

Great looking pedal, I love seeing all the stuff from other PCB makers as well. You all keep talking about the Hydra so much, I think I'm going to have to grab a board on my next order.

I remember that as like one of the first thing on the internet. That along with Ding Fries are Done and Tub Girl. Man, the early days of the internet were pretty awful 🤣

Great looking pedal, I love seeing all the stuff from other PCB makers as well. You all keep talking about the Hydra so much, I think I'm going to have to grab a board on my next order.
You won't be sorry. It really is what I compare all other delays to now. It has just enough features to be more interesting than many without feeling overwhelmed like I do with big delays like the strymon pedals.

I think the earliest viral internet video I can remember laughing at was this.

Wasn't the hardest box I've drilled out.
cover10.jpg

This thing is fun as hell. I have a hydra on my board and there's no way this could ever dislodge it but what a wonderfully disgusting little delay. I did the optional momentary feedback switch but skipped the fzz mod. It takes the fuzz to 0 but also drops the volume as a result. I decided since I would have to bend down and adjust the volume anyway, having this on a stomper didn't seem that useful.

The sounds brought a funny memory to my mind. Way back, in the 70s, a dead whale washed up on the oregon coast. They decided that explosives would be the best thing to do. The explosion barely made a dent in the carcass while raining the little town of Florence with rotting whale bits. The graphic on the enclosure is a still of that explosion from the news broadcast of the event, flipped on it's side and glitched out.
View attachment 20673View attachment 20674
Could the fuzz mod be implemented with simultaneously activating a boost?

Say with a 4PDT...?

I'm... ah... asking for a friend...

Back
Top Bottom