The Throbbin' Pink (Abyss)

GizzWizzKing

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This is my first build report and it has been a long time coming. So as far as my memory of building it... well its a bit fuzzy. I made no mods (other than that nicely blobbed resistor in series you can peep) and as far as I remember this one was sourced entirely through Tayda. Went together like a dream. The glowing pink enclosure is amazing and changes colors with the room lighting, so sometimes I look down and it is purple or blue. and yes the LED is pink also. I couldn't resist naming it something to do with the Throb Knob.... so it was reborn as The Throbbin' Pink. Highly suggested build for someone looking to build a modulation pedal but aren't sure which to start with. It went at the front of my signal chain and did not come off till today when it got a dusting and photo shoot. And just in going out and playing I've had multiple people ask me to build them one of these. Definitely perfect for adding some movement to your sound and you can make it subtle or the main course. Plays nicely with other pedals and it can make some wild sounds when combined other drive pedals on the more extreme settings. The art is thanks to my wife. 5 knobs is a lot to remember... but my method is to find the spot I like best and then put all the knobs on so they point straight up. Then if I want to make a change on the fly I can always find my way back. I did not clear coat it and I don't think I will. The slow wear and tear will be fun and add character. I think that is plenty of my take on this.
1667666931282.png 1667667216181.png
1667667246662.png 1667667297429.png

Back