Thinking about taking a deep dive into digital

Great to know! I think I remember seeing your terrarium in the past have the usb rectangle cut out on the side so you can connect your usb. I think that was a great idea problem being my routing skills are not the best 🤣
Hugo can cut that out. Honestly, a circle works just as well. You'll still need access to the button on top of the module.

Also, do not try to hot-swap the modules. Remove the power connection first. Don't think bypass will cut it either. The module can also be programmed while disconnected from the build.

Hugo can cut that out. Honestly, a circle works just as well. You'll still need access to the button on top of the module.

Also, do not try to hot-swap the modules. Remove the power connection first. Don't think bypass will cut it either. The module can also be programmed while disconnected from the build.
Great to know! My first instinct was to program the seed not connected to the circuit! Looks like this might have to be my first uv enclosure :cool:

I find the square hole all the way to the end of the enclosure may not look the best, but works great to help remove the lid (especially on thick coated powdercoats...)

I don't think the original "can the terrarium do stereo?" question was answered. The terrarium as is cannot do stereo. The terrarium uses half of the tl072 IC for an input conditioner/buffer (?) and the other half for the same thing for the output. You could use another tl072 and a few resistors & capacitors connected to pins 17 & 19 to duplicate the same conditioners/buffers on the other input/output, but you would have to do it off-board of the terrarium pcb. [--edit: actually, maybe this was not the original question.....but making a board similar to the terrarium with the only difference being having the capability of stereo would be pretty easy.]

I think adapting algorithms to be in stereo would be pretty easy, depending on what differences you wanted between left and right. There are probably some algorithms that could be adapted from modular stuff for the daisy that are in stereo.

I don't think the original "can the terrarium do stereo?" question was answered. The terrarium as is cannot do stereo. The terrarium uses half of the tl072 IC for an input conditioner/buffer (?) and the other half for the same thing for the output. You could use another tl072 and a few resistors & capacitors connected to pins 17 & 19 to duplicate the same conditioners/buffers on the other input/output, but you would have to do it off-board of the terrarium pcb. [--edit: actually, maybe this was not the original question.....but making a board similar to the terrarium with the only difference being having the capability of stereo would be pretty easy.]

I think adapting algorithms to be in stereo would be pretty easy, depending on what differences you wanted between left and right. There are probably some algorithms that could be adapted from modular stuff for the daisy that are in stereo.
That’s exactly the mod I would do, (R stereo buffered I/O ) you are correct but is the bit are those pins grounded on the terrarium.. not a huge deal I can figure it out when I get the board easy mod ether way.

That’s exactly the mod I would do, (R stereo buffered I/O ) you are correct but is the bit are those pins grounded on the terrarium.. not a huge deal I can figure it out when I get the board easy mod ether way.
The unused Daisy pins are not grounded on the terrarium. I used some of the unused pins for extra leds in one of my builds. If you can manage to assemble the terrarium using double row headers (which you have to modify underneath to connect the rows before soldering the header in) you can easily access the unused pins to mess with things like I did in this build.

IMG_2750.jpeg

ok so i just programmed the daisy seed with the rhythm delay from @sonic_explorer I was going throught the notes and it looks like i can program the 2nd footswitch. I would like it to do tap tempo bit idk how to do that....

Also I would like to have to 2nd LED to be a delay led!

(which you have to modify underneath to connect the rows before soldering the header in)

This sounds like golden advice! Can I ask, do you modify by bending the outside row of pins toward the other row and then soldering together?

This sounds like golden advice! Can I ask, do you modify by bending the outside row of pins toward the other row and then soldering together?
Yea, that's right. It is a bit tricky, but doable. It helps a lot if the headers are 2x20 pins (these) instead of trying to two individual 1x20 pins (these) together while soldering.

ok so i just programmed the daisy seed with the rhythm delay from @sonic_explorer I was going throught the notes and it looks like i can program the 2nd footswitch. I would like it to do tap tempo bit idk how to do that....

Also I would like to have to 2nd LED to be a delay led!

The second led should already show the delay time of the longest delay head, if you want it to display something else that could be a good first modification to take on.

I think v2.1 of the rhythmic delay uses the second footswitch to temporarily set the repeats to (near) infinite, modifying it to do tap tempo instead is a good project too (but a bit more advanced). I messed with a tap tempo implementation a while ago, but never got it working as cleanly as I wanted.

The second led should already show the delay time of the longest delay head, if you want it to display something else that could be a good first modification to take on.

I think v2.1 of the rhythmic delay uses the second footswitch to temporarily set the repeats to (near) infinite, modifying it to do tap tempo instead is a good project too (but a bit more advanced). I messed with a tap tempo implementation a while ago, but never got it working as cleanly as I wanted.
Great! It would be sooo cool to have a tap tempo feature!

@homebrewtj .........I think you have the Daisy Seed reversed. The micro-USB port should be pointing to the left when viewed from the component side. The square '1' pin on the Daisy Seed connects to the square solder-pad hole on the Terrarium.

Also, if you have these on hand it makes it much easier and you don't have to solder the Daisy Seed pins down, they just seat nicely in the header.

@homebrewtj .........I think you have the Daisy Seed reversed. The micro-USB port should be pointing to the left when viewed from the component side. The square '1' pin on the Daisy Seed connects to the square solder-pad hole on the Terrarium.

Also, if you have these on hand it makes it much easier and you don't have to solder the Daisy Seed pins down, they just seat nicely in the header.
Duh. Was working during a meeting and totally lost concentration. Thanks.

Fixed it ;)

4B8EE71D-6C28-4B7A-9EBB-0887507B08EE.jpeg

I'm getting started with the Daisy Seed also with the intent of building a Guitar Pedal platform. Here is my current progress. It's a 9v powered breadboard with Stereo Input and Stereo Output using the Daisy. I based the circuit on the schematics for the Daisy Petal, but I had to modify the output circuit to be similar to the Terrarium since i couldn't source the OPA1654 called for in the Daisy Petal. The circuit works with my guitar hooked up to the input and the output to my amp running some of the example daisy petal effects patches, so that's cool! Still lots more to do, but I thought I'd share my progress. IMG_3539.jpg

I'm getting started with the Daisy Seed also with the intent of building a Guitar Pedal platform. Here is my current progress. It's a 9v powered breadboard with Stereo Input and Stereo Output using the Daisy. I based the circuit on the schematics for the Daisy Petal, but I had to modify the output circuit to be similar to the Terrarium since i couldn't source the OPA1654 called for in the Daisy Petal. The circuit works with my guitar hooked up to the input and the output to my amp running some of the example daisy petal effects patches, so that's cool! Still lots more to do, but I thought I'd share my progress. View attachment 39710
This is awesome! ES has teased a little bit about the successor to their Petal, but it’s going to be tough to beat the Terrarium platform. Pedalpcb understands what pedal junkies want in a build...

Back