Third build first time posting: Chalumaeu

pigeonpedal

Hey PedalPCB people,

This is my third build overall but my first time posting here. Built a Chalumaeu with the fuzz on/off switch mod. Weird little guy but I love it-- lo-fi noise pop shoegazer thingy in a box. Waiting on some opaque StazOn ink to stamp it up and I'll post an update once that's done. Had to include a shot of the pink LED because I love it.

Also pictured next to my first build which is a FuzzyBritches from Madbeanpedals-- the version with the sag pot. Not gonna post a gut shot of that one cause it's a real mess in there. I've still got work to do with soldering the off-board wiring but feels like I'm making progress. By the way, if you use the Chalumaeu with a dying battery, things really go off the rails, just an FYI!

E136A774-49A3-46FC-973D-510B2309E0B1_1_105_c.jpeg
B20AA155-97E3-4300-B50B-290FE421FCD0_1_105_c.jpeg

0F88427F-EA01-4318-9BBA-CEDDCA34C9BF_1_105_c.jpeg

Notes:

Your trash-panda stamp rules.

I haven't heard of the Chalumaeu, but I'm about to look into it.

I've never really understood the clear-knob look, but that shot where they're all catching the light from the LED looks super cool.

Notes:

Your trash-panda stamp rules.

I haven't heard of the Chalumaeu, but I'm about to look into it.

I've never really understood the clear-knob look, but that shot where they're all catching the light from the LED looks super cool.

Thanks! I've personally always liked clear acrylic things, like those Ampeg Dan Armstrong guitars, or like 90s clear landline telephones. Would be into doing that with pedals too but really don't like plastic enclosures ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was my hope that they'd catch the LED light.

Just watched a Clari-not demo and added this to my wishlist. Thanks for the recommend!

I had one of those phones!
Awesome! Hope you enjoy, it was a fun build. It's got kind of a limited range of 'musical' settings but if you want to get truly bonkers, you can!

Back